• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gaul

Football's image and my interest in it going down, down...

15 posts in this topic

tonedef wrote:

I hate all sports esp.Golf,tennis,cricket(pointless)

As Hemmingway said "There are only 3 sports; mountaineering, motor racing and bull fighting. The rest are just games"

And he was right, you know. Apart from motor racing, what with it being as dull as dishwater now that nobody dies in every race, and nobody overtakes.. Not sure about bull fighting as I've never tried, but I do like a bit of beef..

Football is simple, it needs to be for it's players and fans to understand it.

Cricket and Rugby are complicated. They need to be to keep the football fans away. :D:P:P

hifiwigwam wrote:

Football is simple, it needs to be for it's players and fans to understand it.

Cricket and Rugby are complicated. They need to be to keep the football fans away. :D:P:P

.....its just 22 men running around a field kicking a bag of wind

Hawk

Internationals can demonstrate entertaining skill levels (arguable when England's on the pitch), otherwise it's footbollocksssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gaul wrote:

Maradona finally admitted he did intentionally score the goal against England in1986 final, that would give Argentina the World Cup. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4136090.stm

Now there's one bag of wind that at least 11 men would like to kick around a field for 90 minutes - and it's one such event we'd all LOVE to watch! :Upset::Upset::Upset:

judge the game by its fans. Went to twickers once and the car park was full of people drinking beer, smiling at each other and joking with rival fans about the result...mums exchanged sandwiches, that sort of thing. Last football match I went to( a school game), the ref stopped the game because of the torrent of abuse from the parents on the side lines. The kids were 9 year olds. says it all really. If you want excitement, try moto gp!

Use to be a season ticket holder at Blackburn but my interest has gone down and down. Now Im a rugby LEAGUE convert, true athletes earning sensible money. We dont even have police at rugby league games. £13 to get in, cheerleaders and free parking right next to the ground, what more could you ask for?

gaul wrote:

Anyway, who is goingto win thePremiership this year?

Would you bet on another Blue season?

Newcastle have revealed they have agreed a club record fee with Real Madrid for England's Michael Owen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4179194.stm

Thats all very well, assuming its true (although its probably paper talk to try and improve fans morale, especially now after 1 point out of a possible 9), but the fact is, I dont suppose Owen really wants to move to Newcastle, and much as it pains me to say it, I cant really blame him at the moment.