Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jezzer

Can't live with a cheap amp!

126 posts in this topic

I regret selling the Krell KAV400xi! :(

There are a couple of used examples floating around so I know if I get too desperate I can get another. :green:

However, before I go splashing out the best part of 1.5k on an amp, I'm wondering what alternatives are available - preferably for much less....

It needs to have good bass!

:doh:

I thinkmy Rotel amps would beast those Dyns into submission - doubt you would be losing much performance on the Krell at all either.

Not sure if I want to sell the poweramp anymore though - its bloody good!:lmao:Will depend on how things go with the PL and the Pioneer - one of them could squeeze it out of the system.

Bow ZZ one, plenty prat and will make those dyns sing.

Admin

Jezzer wrote:

There are a couple of used examples floating around so I know if I get too desperate I can get another. :green:

However, before I go splashing out the best part of 1.5k on an amp, I'm wondering what alternatives are available - preferably for much less....

:sos::wall::yeah::KH::peace:

Duvet wrote:

Jezzer wrote:

:sos::wall::yeah::KH::peace:

I know... :yeah::TheBird:

Maybe I should just by the Krell and have done with it. Last amp I buy, etc. :whistle:

Jezzer wrote:

How about a Primare A30.1?

ggood choice, but the zz one wastes it, fast and detailed like the krell, perhaps a little warmer, plenty grip and nice mids, top and bottom ain't too shabby either, be nice with the littl dyns

new they were £3.5k (think you can get a remote module for some of them) can be had from £1250 s/h, look good too :D (rated 50w/ch, but sounds beefier than figure suggest, lotta fun too)

The Bow is built like a tank. Seems even more solid than the Krell. But I want serious wattage to drive my baby dyn's.

A Krell 300 might be worthy of consideration but I've heard people say it's much brighter than the 400.