JUST IN - A Quote From This Year's Main Sponsor Elite Audio

'Quite simply the best show we have ever had the pleasure to exhibit! Huge amounts of enthusiasm from so many Wammers who clearly share our passion for music. Can't wait for next year..........'

Mark Cargill - CEO Elite Audio

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jezzer

Can't live with a cheap amp!

126 posts in this topic

Super Wammer

I regret selling the Krell KAV400xi! :(

There are a couple of used examples floating around so I know if I get too desperate I can get another. :green:

However, before I go splashing out the best part of 1.5k on an amp, I'm wondering what alternatives are available - preferably for much less....

It needs to have good bass!

:doh:

I thinkmy Rotel amps would beast those Dyns into submission - doubt you would be losing much performance on the Krell at all either.

Not sure if I want to sell the poweramp anymore though - its bloody good!:lmao:Will depend on how things go with the PL and the Pioneer - one of them could squeeze it out of the system.

Super Wammer

It must be black!

Those Rotels are gold and red. :P

Bow ZZ one, plenty prat and will make those dyns sing.

Admin

Jezzer wrote:

There are a couple of used examples floating around so I know if I get too desperate I can get another. :green:

However, before I go splashing out the best part of 1.5k on an amp, I'm wondering what alternatives are available - preferably for much less....

:sos::wall::yeah::KH::peace:

Super Wammer

How about a Primare A30.1?

Super Wammer

Duvet wrote:

Jezzer wrote:

:sos::wall::yeah::KH::peace:

I know... :yeah::TheBird:

Maybe I should just by the Krell and have done with it. Last amp I buy, etc. :whistle:

Jezzer wrote:

How about a Primare A30.1?

ggood choice, but the zz one wastes it, fast and detailed like the krell, perhaps a little warmer, plenty grip and nice mids, top and bottom ain't too shabby either, be nice with the littl dyns

Super Wammer

How much is a zz1?

I used to have a Rotel RB991 ages ago but that was slow and flabby...

new they were £3.5k (think you can get a remote module for some of them) can be had from £1250 s/h, look good too :D (rated 50w/ch, but sounds beefier than figure suggest, lotta fun too)

Super Wammer

The Bow is built like a tank. Seems even more solid than the Krell. But I want serious wattage to drive my baby dyn's.

A Krell 300 might be worthy of consideration but I've heard people say it's much brighter than the 400.