In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hixy

naim nait

27 posts in this topic

No

Whatever you do, don't buy a Nait 3. Even hardcore Naimees think it's a piece of crap!

[b]Flatsound wrote: [/b][quote]Hi mick

why do you want a Naim amplifier? I see in your profile that you a have a valve amplifier, Naim sound is a very different thing.

[/quote]
Alberto - I'm not so sure about that - I've heard more than one valve enthusiast say that Naim amps would be their only SS alternative. Valves make rich music - so does a properly set up Naim system.

Mick - The Naim One was OK, the 2 seen as the best of the bunch but can be difficult at low volumes, the 5i is a peach.

Regards,

Lindsay

[b]The Strat wrote: [/b][quote][b]Flatsound wrote: [/b][quote]Hi mick

why do you want a Naim amplifier? I see in your profile that you a have a valve amplifier, Naim sound is a very different thing.

[/quote]
Alberto - I'm not so sure about that - I've heard more than one valve enthusiast say that Naim amps would be their only SS alternative. Valves make rich music - so does a properly set up Naim system.

Mick - The Naim One was OK, the 2 seen as the best of the bunch but can be difficult at low volumes, the 5i is a peach.

Regards,

Lindsay
[/quote]
Points for green-nosing Straty, but honestly? :roll:

Good valves = nothing like naim, IME. If your valves sound like naim, send them back! :D

The Nait MK1 has a bit of a cult following. My own fav is the MK2 but it's not hugely different to the MK1. To be honest, you would be better off asking this on pfm.

[b]meninblack wrote: [/b][quote][b]The Strat wrote: [/b][quote][b]Flatsound wrote: [/b][quote]Hi mick

[/quote]

Regards,

Lindsay
[/quote]
Points for green-nosing Straty, but honestly? :roll:

Good valves = nothing like naim, IME. If your valves sound like naim, send them back! :D
[/quote]

Well guys, don't get wrong, I do love Naim sound too, it is a great sound but is not laid back as valve sound.

BTW, mick,If you like Naim soundTheNaim Nait 5iwill beagreat choice, I had one and enjoyed it a lot.