Random image of the day 3

24,662 posts in this topic

3 Great Shots Rocky :^

Fantastic photos gentlemen!

Rocky, these are absolutely beautiful and dreamy!

The 1st and the 3rd one make me to want to go to that forest!

Totally agree with every aspect of that statement.

Here's one from the 70s, I found some old negs of redevelopment near my old High School while looking for something else. It just sums up life in the terraced streets around at that time in Liverpool (Anfield and Everton).p><p><a  href=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7096/6981751242_90974c0180_b.jpg' alt='6981751242_90974c0180_b.jpg'> vet now moved by tkimages2011, on Flickr[/img]

Maybe if you "autofix" before posting ?
Will investigate

Paul

Autofix seems to only be for colour/contrast really as can bee seen below;

before

em6.jpg

after

em6af.jpg

And Photobuckets sharpening tools are far too coarse IMO to be used without a lot of care - so I guess I'll just stick with slightly soft images for now.

Paul

Totally agree with every aspect of that statement.

Here's one from the 70s, I found some old negs of redevelopment near my old High School while looking for something else. It just sums up life in the terraced streets around at that time in Liverpool (Anfield and Everton).:^ Lovely shot, composition and contrast :^

Paul...I post from Photobucket too and feel exactly the same. I send 240Dpi JPEG files to it that brim with clarity and detail, and post HUGE images that lack both the above. Colour saturation, sharpness and etc all seem to suffer. It's like looking at an 8bit 72Dpi image, blown up 'just' too far!

If you find out why, can you post and let me know too please. Maybe it's the way the wigwam server deals with files? Compressing them to fit the space allocated????

TK. Great atmospheric pic! Film captures B&W texture so well.

Paul...I post from Photobucket too and feel exactly the same. I send 240Dpi JPEG files to it that brim with clarity and detail, and post HUGE images that lack both the above. Colour saturation, sharpness and etc all seem to suffer. It's like looking at an 8bit 72Dpi image, blown up 'just' too far!

If you find out why, can you post and let me know too please. Maybe it's the way the wigwam server deals with files? Compressing them to fit the space allocated????

TK. Great atmospheric pic! Film captures B&W texture so well.

I think it's about Photobucket John which is why I use Flickr mostly.

Really must get out with my camera :( Shit weather, decorating/building and other stuff all getting in the way.

I think it's about Photobucket John which is why I use Flickr mostly.

Really must get out with my camera :( Shit weather, decorating/building and other stuff all getting in the way.

Cheers Les. Is it easy (ish) to transfer images from Photob to Flickr? Or do I need to start over again:(

Cheers Les. Is it easy (ish) to transfer images from Photob to Flickr? Or do I need to start over again:(

There is a simple uploading tool inbuilt within Flickr and a number of third parter uploaders written by Flickr members too. Some proprietary software like Aperture have in-built uploaders too. You won't be able to transfer them but if you have them in a separate folder on your hard drive it'll be quite easy to get them up.

To link stuff to a website and display (like here) is easy and you can have separate folders for categories and it is possible to categorise the photos so some are private and not on public display - particularly useful for sharing family stuff.

I get my account with Flickr for free as I have Btinternet though an unlimited account is not expensive. There's a free account too with limited space and not time limited so you can familiarise yourself with it fully before committing. Worth looking at.

Vent2.jpg

vent1.jpg