chrisB

ALIEN funs rejoice!

45 posts in this topic

If Ridley goes ahead it could actually be promising. Thanks for the heads-up.

Does Sir Ridley really need to wring every last penny out of this tired, tired franchise?:nup:

I am a big fun myself, Phil! :)

I read years ago that they supposedly were writing a script for a prequel to Alien, in which the story would evolve around the space jokey...

This looks a bit different ...and interesting

I hope it'll be closer to the "spirit" of the 1st 4 ones Kelley....not the alien vs predator thing...

If it turns to be so, then Ridley is doing us a favor :)

chrisB wrote:

I hope it'll be closer to the "spirit" of the 1st 4 ones Kelley....not the alien vs predator thing...

I absolutely adore Alien, and Aliens is OK "shut your brain off" fun, but the rest are steaming piles:td:My humble opinion, your milage may vary etc. etc.:)

Professor Chaos wrote:

chrisB wrote:

I absolutely adore Alien, and Aliens is OK "shut your brain off" fun, but the rest are steaming piles:td:My humble opinion, your milage may vary etc. etc.:)

:^:)

(I like all the first four, each has a different feeling etc etc)

I have been obsessed by Alien films since my older sister forced me to watch the chest burster scene when I was about 7 back in the old days when it was genuinely shocking. A prequel that gives some insight into the space jockey would be fantastic. I am the only person I know who thinks 3 was a good film, a different concept without firearms and excellent atmospherics and interesting characters IMO. 4 was instantly forgettable. Aliens is memorable for Bill Paxtons line ...we're on an express elevator to hell...going down! classic! :)

Alien is a classic for so many reasons - HR Geiger being the main one.

Unfortunatelyit's now a sad fact that most so-called action/sci-fi films are merely vehicles for computer animatorsto show off their new toys while spending about £2 on theactual story and this constant sequel / prequel thing is just a load of bollocks - Star Wars being a prime example.

scoobs wrote:

I am the only person I know who thinks 3 was a good film

Not anymore! I love Alien 3:^

I just bought the 9 disc, Quadrilogy boxset on Play.com for £12... what a steal.

I'm in agreement on the first four - I love them all. Such awesome films. To be honest, as currently my sense of it all is stained by the Alien vs Predator ridiculousness, if Mr Scott wants to step in and do something amazing with it again then it gets my vote.

I'm a fan of the Quadrilogy. III could have been even better were it not for the studio's interference. As for the Alien vs Rastamen spin-offs, they are not canonical.:nup:

The problem with doing a prequel is the immense advances in filmmaking technology and CGI since 1979. Scott's finished prequel could be too glitzy as to make the original Alien look plodding and low-tech. Same problem Lucas had with the Star Wars prequels.:dunno:

SS

[video=youtube;_luIM6xaIck]

Looks good :^