Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tons of Fun

RIP Buell Motorcycles

10 posts in this topic

Not frequenting the motorcycle press much (or indeed at all), I was saddened to note that Harley Davidson have wound up Buell Motorcycles. Obviously not everybody's cup of tea (and I imagine that Harley wouldn't have wound up something that was making a lot of money) I will stick my neck out and say that I liked the bizarre combination of big oldV-Twin and pointy chassis- I had a couple of goes on an M2 some years ago and really enjoyed it.

And I always liked the looks as well.

Buell_lightning_XB12Scg-ok_2007_08_1024x768.jpg

Quite sad. A friend has one, though hers keep breaking.

I think they're great looking bikes and have a lot of character.

Yeah a real shame, i'm not a 'bike' person, but I was fond of them.

'Tis a shame - although tuning an ancientSportster lump from its normal 50-odd bhp to 100 bhp plus was always going to give reliability issues.

They also had the residual values of a dead vole, unlike most ofthe Harley-badged offerings. :(

Shame! Buells were great fun to ride - the joy of a tuned Harley engine coupled with brakes and suspension!

Bit like a Guzzi...

Tons of Fun wrote:

Not frequenting the motorcycle press much (or indeed at all), I was saddened to note that Harley Davidson have wound up Buell Motorcycles. Obviously not everybody's cup of tea (and I imagine that Harley wouldn't have wound up something that was making a lot of money) I will stick my neck out and say that I liked the bizarre combination of big oldV-Twin and pointy chassis- I had a couple of goes on an M2 some years ago and really enjoyed it.

And I always liked the looks as well.

Buell_lightning_XB12Scg-ok_2007_08_1024x768.jpg

Its Harley Financial services that are losing money hand over fist which is in serious danger of taking the whole company down the plughole...

I suspect Harley really are fighting for survival....

Next casualty could be MV Agusta, now that really will be sad... :x