In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 unstructured posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tons of Fun

RIP Buell Motorcycles

10 posts in this topic

Not frequenting the motorcycle press much (or indeed at all), I was saddened to note that Harley Davidson have wound up Buell Motorcycles. Obviously not everybody's cup of tea (and I imagine that Harley wouldn't have wound up something that was making a lot of money) I will stick my neck out and say that I liked the bizarre combination of big oldV-Twin and pointy chassis- I had a couple of goes on an M2 some years ago and really enjoyed it.

And I always liked the looks as well.

Buell_lightning_XB12Scg-ok_2007_08_1024x768.jpg

Quite sad. A friend has one, though hers keep breaking.

I think they're great looking bikes and have a lot of character.

Yeah a real shame, i'm not a 'bike' person, but I was fond of them.

'Tis a shame - although tuning an ancientSportster lump from its normal 50-odd bhp to 100 bhp plus was always going to give reliability issues.

They also had the residual values of a dead vole, unlike most ofthe Harley-badged offerings. :(

Shame! Buells were great fun to ride - the joy of a tuned Harley engine coupled with brakes and suspension!

Bit like a Guzzi...

Tons of Fun wrote:

Not frequenting the motorcycle press much (or indeed at all), I was saddened to note that Harley Davidson have wound up Buell Motorcycles. Obviously not everybody's cup of tea (and I imagine that Harley wouldn't have wound up something that was making a lot of money) I will stick my neck out and say that I liked the bizarre combination of big oldV-Twin and pointy chassis- I had a couple of goes on an M2 some years ago and really enjoyed it.

And I always liked the looks as well.

Buell_lightning_XB12Scg-ok_2007_08_1024x768.jpg

Its Harley Financial services that are losing money hand over fist which is in serious danger of taking the whole company down the plughole...

I suspect Harley really are fighting for survival....

Next casualty could be MV Agusta, now that really will be sad... :x