Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt J

AE Aego 2.1, how good?

8 posts in this topic

I've been speaker-less now for just over a week, I've either been out bid on thief-bay or been too late in the classifieds. To be perfectly honest I haven't had any withdrawl symptoms so I'm thinking of giving a set of the Aegos a whirl.

What can I expect for the money? good enough to fill a gap as a short/mid term solution? Source is just a s/box via a Meridian DAC.

Ta.

For the pricethey are very good and well made too.

the sats do a perfectly good job with the highs and mids but that subs a bit unruly - pretty boomtastic. theres a bass switch on the back and even on the lowest setting its still pretty thumpy. I'm happy enough with it in my bedroom system.

lordmortlock wrote:

the sats do a perfectly good job with the highs and mids but that subs a bit unruly - pretty boomtastic. theres a bass switch on the back and even on the lowest setting its still pretty thumpy. I'm happy enough with it in my bedroom system.

Wot 'e said :D

Lovely little setup but bass is hard to control - are you not interested in a cheap amp and speakers?

gsrai wrote:

lordmortlock wrote:

Lovely little setup but bass is hard to control

Yep. I had a set for a 2nd system - quite listenable as background, but bass gets out of hand if you turn the wick up.

gsrai wrote:

lordmortlock wrote:

Lovely little setup but bass is hard to control - are you not interested in a cheap amp and speakers?

I have a cheap amp Gobind, just can't find any speakers worth bothering with to be honest.

I've ordered a set of the Aegos now anyway so I'll see how I get on, I have a few bass controlling tricks up my sleeve from previous speaker setting up.

good luck with the Aego's - they do a lot of things really well.

I was just going to suggest the Richer sounds deal on wharfedale 9.0/9.1's and maybe some old mission (say 760).

I dont know about 2.1 setup but I own the P5 surround sound package and it does a fantastic job but i had to isolate the sub on a lump of granite with sorbothane feet underneath.

A good setup for SILLY money ( see eBay ;-) )

Edit : You've inspired me to buy some for my new garage :cool: