Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Malvolio Evans

Whatever happened to Myryad

10 posts in this topic

Haven't seen their stuff for a while. Have they gone the same way as Audiolab, Quad et al?

Has something happened to Quad & Audiolab:?

I noticed both Quad and Audiolab are owned by IAG, along with Wharfedale, mission, & castle acoustics.

Myryad were always quiet and never good at promoting thier own products in the UK. They were taken over by AmourHome about 2 or 3years back. They also distribute NAD & QED amongst others. They currently have the MX range of seperates which are not much of a move on from the previous excellent (IMO) M series. I have had a lot of dealings with them over the last few years but IMO they lost some good technical people when they moved from Waterlooville to Woking where Armour are based. They never seemed to have had much of a dealer base in the UK but actually have quite an export market in Russia and Germany.

Thier latest product is theMi which has been well recieved by the press and is a good product according to one of my local dealers although I have never heard one. I suspect that they have a lot riding on this product as it appears that they are putting more effort into getting these out to the UK retailer than thier HiFi seperates.

I am not sure what role the (former?) Technical Director Chris Evans plays. If he is no longer connected with the company then this might explain the lack of new products. :?

earlofsodbury wrote:

Here's a curious thing - look at the bottom of their webpage:

myryad.jpg

It's not context sensitive - however you come to the page that is the address given.

Is there summat James isn't telling us? :dunno:

It's just the referrer in the HTTP header - they're yanking it out and sticking on the page (for no obvious reason - they may be interested in who refers to their site, but why display it?)

If you paste the URL straight into the address bar of your browser and hit 'go' you'll see a blank there - no referrer.

Yawn-inducing article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referrer :geek:

/g

Since we're on Myryad, has any wammer used the Z140-Z160 in a bi-amp configuration? Timing, dynamic ability?

I've an eye on the new Z142-Z162:)

SS

ps: before any techhead jumps in with their paper-specs, passive biamping works.:roll: I've used a set before (two gain-matched amps from one brand)