In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ClassikFan

Oh dear, I find myself coveting a 4x4

20 posts in this topic

Jezzer wrote:

Sat in front of me in the traffic this morning was a 56 plate Discovery .....
......blah blah blah aren't they rubbish and unreliable.........
...but not with a three year old Range Rover.

Well, which one was it then? ;-)

Normally at this point I would dive in head first to sneer at the Jap-crapthat's been mentioned so far,bang on about how wonderful Land Rovers are and how brilliant the Disco 3 is (when it's working) but as the OP is a caravannist and has five stinking mutts (WHY??!) I wouldn't like to see such a wonderful vehicle subject to such treatment.

Therefore, my advice is - go for an Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5. :D

Beobloke wrote:

Jezzer wrote:
Sat in front of me in the traffic this morning was a 56 plate Discovery .....
......blah blah blah aren't they rubbish and unreliable.........
...but not with a three year old Range Rover.

Normally at this point I would dive in head first to sneer at the Jap-crapthat's been mentioned so far,bang on about how wonderful Land Rovers are and how brilliant the Disco 3 is (when it's working) but as the OP is a caravannist and has five stinking mutts (WHY??!) I wouldn't like to see such a wonderful vehicle subject to such treatment.

HiFi World Subsription now cancelled.

:TheBird:

ClassikFan wrote:

HiFi World Subsription now cancelled.

:rofl:

I dug-up this thread, searching for advice on 4x4s.

How the f8ck do LandRover do it? How can you make a Discovery and not have height adjustable seats? And how do you make such a big vehicle, with such a small amount of space inside?

The Freelander was worse, I'm too tall to drive one. I'm only 5' 11" and my eyeline is level with the top of the windscreen.

I think I'll stick with my original choice(s), SWB Patrol, Landcruiser or Trooper.

[b]Beobloke wrote: [/b][quote][b]Jezzer wrote: [/b][quote]Sat in front of me in the traffic this morning was a [b]56 plate Discovery[/b] .....[/quote][quote]......[i]blah blah blah aren't they rubbish and unreliable.........[/i] [/quote][quote]...but not with a three year old [b]Range Rover[/b].[/quote]

Normally at this point I would dive in head first to sneer at the Jap-crapthat's been mentioned so far,bang on about how wonderful Land Rovers are and how brilliant the Disco 3 is (when it's working) [b][color=red]but as the OP is a caravannist and has five stinking mutts (WHY??!) I wouldn't like to see such a wonderful vehicle subject to such treatment.
[/color][/b]

[/quote]

:D Must admit, if I had 5 mutts I'd be driving them 'round in a £500 banger.

I love the new Discos, much nicer lookers than the current Range Rover (which has been ruined by the sales rep 'Sport' model). :love:

Still,a good 90% ofroad-going 4WDs are huge and unnecessary Tonka trucks - IMO, YMMV etc.