Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biscuit

what i demoed today

27 posts in this topic

[align=center] [align=center]eklipse.jpg

x7cce53cf90577442771720a370c3c723.jpg

[align=left]cyber10s_new.jpg

Extremely impressed with the blue circle power amp, really made the stiletto's sing! The consonance was a bit of a disappointment tbh, not nearly enough drive. The audio valve pre was pretty awesome as well, but a touch out of budget atm.

Bit knackered, I'll add a few more comments later.

oh yeah, and a Marantz PM-17 KI sig, which held its own fairly well, and was 2nd place ahead on the consonance

[/align] [/align] [/align]

Thought BlueO Circle made cement... :?

Sorry to jump on your thread but I demoed 2 pairs of speakers today.

AE1 Mk111's and Kef 201's

Kef's were very 'showy' lots of treble coming through but lacked midrange

AE1's sounded quite balanced and have a suprising amount of bass for their size so I decided to bring them home for a longer listen. Got the stands that go with them aswell (Flippin heavy things)

Biscuit, did the shop have those Monobloc Consonance Amps instock? I saw them about a month ago inhifi+ magazineand have to confess to being a bit smitten (Little bit of dribble down the chin). If only I had the space:love:

no, the 'shop' is basically the dude's house, and he doesn't hold that much in stock. The consonance kit looks gorgeous, but sonically, just wasn't what I wanted. It was truely awesome for voices when combined with the stiletto midrange, but just no 'go' to the sound in the dramatic bits. Also, he had just been speaking to ART on the phone about getting some stiletto's for him to demo, small world isn't it!!!

I think he mentioned that he might have a droplet cdp soon, now that IS pretty :love::love:

blue circle stole the show though, really was in a different class to anything I've heard before, and not desperately expensive either.

Biscuit wrote:

no, the 'shop' is basically the dude's house, and he doesn't hold that much in stock. The consonance kit looks gorgeous, but sonically, just wasn't what I wanted. It was truely awesome for voices when combined with the stiletto midrange, but just no 'go' to the sound in the dramatic bits. Also, he had just been speaking to ART on the phone about getting some stiletto's for him to demo, small world isn't it!!!

I think he mentioned that he might have a droplet cdp soon, now that IS pretty :love::love:

blue circle stole the show though, really was in a different class to anything I've heard before, and not desperately expensive either.

How much is the Blue Circle and where can they be bought from?

the blue circle is £1400 from hifidelityaudio.co.uk

Made in Canada, hand built, beautiful aluminium finish. Was really really impressive when combined with a valve preamp like the audiovalve, stunning

its a one man dealership run by an incredibly friendly american chap who is not against cutting some rather fine deals on kit. He offered me an absolute KO price on a 90W Rogue Audio all valve poweramp, but was just out of reach of the budget unfortunately.

Bracko,

I bought a pair of AE1 MKIII's back in Feb. They need a good lengthy demo and I thought they were brill. Amazing amount of bass from such a tiny speaker too.

Stick with them and I am sure you will love them, did you got for the Piano Black BTW? Extra premium is worth it since they look stunning.

Here is a review of them on 6 Moons if your interested : http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/ae/ae1.html

Biccy, are you still planning on demoing the PM-15? Also what about the Bow?

Biscuit wrote:

The PM15 is 3 hours away, thats the problem :(

The Bow is getting a demo on saturday.

Have now been paid, so can actually look seriously to buy. Would like the marantz tbh, might buy it and take it back if its no good.

How much guarantee are they offering on the Marantz?

You will hate the Bow biscuit :D

Im only saying that because i'm interested in it :cool: