Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davewhityetagain

Naim amps he he

43 posts in this topic

Asked today, what I thought the differance was between the NAP 500 (Naim) power amplifier 140 watts, and the Quad 909 power amplifier also 140 watts.

Well after giving it some thought, I gave the "Richer sales staff" answer (sorry to none hi fi choice members old joke)

I said the differance is about £11,000 :dude: because I do not think there is that much differance. Both are very good amplifiers, both are built on years of work and research (Quad has the edge on that )

I think to keep things in the family, if I wanted to buy a bigger amp (not really needed with these speakers) I could justify spending 3k on the 250.2 but above that if wanting more watts, I would I think have to spend less and buy the 909 :)

Polarbear seeing your back, and hoping you had a nice holiday? your flying a 500 what do you think? Have you heard a 909?

Dave, do you own a 909/99 pre? I've been told by 7oaks staff not to bother etc. and that they don't stock them anymore, but would be interested to have a listen with my Stiletto's. Only reviews I've seen of it are in WTF, so I don't really have a good idea of what it sounds like.

Its not for me to justify the cost of a 500 Dave.

I like what I have and thats all that matters to me!

Jezzer not selling

Biscuit yes one or er.. two 909's 405 606 :dude:

Polar not asking you to justify just wondering your views, do not even know if you have ever heard a 909

if we ever dare go down the "justify " road lots of forum members might be in trouble:cool:

Biscuit wrote:

Dave, do you own a 909/99 pre? I've been told by 7oaks staff not to bother etc. and that they don't stock them anymore, but would be interested to have a listen with my Stiletto's. Only reviews I've seen of it are in WTF, so I don't really have a good idea of what it sounds like.

They are for sale in Hove 7Oaks.. saw it today with my own human eyes. :cool:

Jusss give em a calll..

p1.jpg

I heard one some time ago and was not impressed.

It was dull and lifeless to me.

Polarbear wrote:

I heard one some time ago and was not impressed.

It was dull and lifeless to me.

amazingly enough thats almost exactly what the dude in 7oaks said, would've been nice to hear for meself though. I seem to remember that the one in Peterborough had the 909 last time I was there, but its a bit of a trek with my speakers in tow

hifiwigwam wrote:

Cats are better than dogs though. Dogs are too stupid to spend any quality time licking their own nads. Any one with the ability to lick their own nads that doesn't devote the better part of the day to it, really does have a problem.

Nope they don't do it to annoy jealous ******* like you, "look I can lick my nads, can you?, no!!, awe what a shame,"

hifiwigwam wrote:

Cats are better than dogs though. Dogs are too stupid to spend any quality time licking their own nads. Any one with the ability to lick their own nads that doesn't devote the better part of the day to it, really does have a problem.

But lets face it HWW, the only reason your cat puts up with you is because it hasn't worked out how to use a tin opener yet.

Dogs are loyal, fun and good natured. Cats are cruel, mercenary and crap chemical weapons.

The only good cat is as a furry punch bag for my dogs :P

Cheers GofA, chairman Dog Liberation Front :D

I have a cat and a dog. Prefer the cat as the dog is 17 years old and doesn't do much apart from shit and piss all over my flat. Whereas the cat just goes about its business. Tends to bare her arse for all to see...