Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borats Baby

Oppo BDP-83

7 posts in this topic

Don't worry about it Craig! A couple of years back I had to replace a knackered monitor with a brand new touch screen model at a hair dressers in Kingston Upon Thames. I plugged it in, set up & calibrated the touch screen and then left thinking what a cussy job. Half an hour down the road I get a phone call to say the brand new monitor is dead & I need to get back there ASAP as the customer isn't very happy. I'm now prettypissed off as its a Friday evening and I want to get home. The conversation went like this...

ME: Have you moved the monitor at all since I was last here?

Hair dresser: We don't know.

ME: Are you SURE YOU haven't moved the monitor since I was last here?

Hair dresser: Well we may have, but its broke and its brand new and you said it would work.

ME: Did you move the monitor like this? (I show them by clasping itat each side and slowlyadjustit)

Hair dresser: Yes

ME: Do you see that button,the one that says Power ON/OFF, it's the ON/OFF button that I showed you all of 30 minutesago.You turned it OFF! :clout:

Well, I had a visitor tonight who came bearing gifts! One RB300 stub, one RB300 counterweight and unexpectedly, one acrylic platter! I cant deny it, the Planar sounds a lot different now!

[b]TigerTiger wrote: [/b][quote]Have one on my Hydraulic Ref, been there for 25 years.. works a treat, no problems.

Geo
[/quote]

Geo, would you have a pic of that please. I'd be interested.

Afew years ago I bought a perspex one, (from Stuart Mitchell - Arezzo design),to go on top of the existing platter on my HRef but as the deck is still boxed I've never got around to fitting or trying it out.

[b]Jezzer wrote: [/b][quote]I used to date a girl who was as polite and as posh as you like. However, all semblance of manners disappeared when she was in the sack.

The filthy filthy girl... :^
[/quote]
There is much to be said for the merits of classy ladies.......

Just like to say that I have justreturned from a 2100km round trip to the UKduring whichI tooktime outto pay a visit to Dana in his new venture. I must say I was made very welcome and slid easily into a relaxing evening of auditioning a selection of his ware, in the good company of Men_In_Black and I_Should_Coco.

Even though Dana was aware that I am not presently in the market for his fine gear he spent the evening box swapping, fettling and generally pandering to us wammers (and doing a good job as barman aswell :cool:). It was, for me, an enjoyableinterlude to an otherwiseuneventful bike journey from Spain. [except of course for the speeding ticket I got en-route :D]

I recommend some of you wammers should take up Dana's invite to attend, even if you believe some of his gear is maybe beyond your reach at the moment. (I remember reading once about a Rolls Royce dealer allowing kids to hop into his cars and play around with the gadgets, knowing that they would be his customers some day).

Many thanks Dana and the very best of luck for the future. You're one of the good guys. :^

Stephen