Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borats Baby

Bicycle experts, buckled wheel ....

7 posts in this topic

My boss has given me the job of repairing the bike which fell off the back of his car.

The back wheel was buckled badly and wouldn't turn within the frame .

I've given it a bash and got it to turn in the frame, but d'you reckon anything can be done with it ?

VIDEO

Any advice appreciated ....

Borats Baby wrote:

My boss has given me the job of repairing the bike which fell off the back of his car.

The back wheel was buckled badly and wouldn't turn within the frame .

I've given it a bash and got it to turn in the frame, but d'you reckon anything can be done with it ?

VIDEO

Any advice appreciated ....

Take it to a shop. I tried once and made a right mess of it. Luckiliy I had a friend who worked for a bike shop.

cant be arsed watching the video but if it looks like a pringle then get it done professionally or just get a new one. if it's just a bit of a kink then you can do it yourself but it's a complete pita. get a pro to do it...

That *might* just be recoverable and if you know what you're doing might be worth a try - I've rescued worse. How good a quality rim/build is it? A bike shop won't be interested in something that wobbly - it'll take a long time to do, won't be perfect and might give up the ghost pretty quickly.

I think it's not worth the trouble. You can't get it back into perfect shape anyway, it's like trying to get a bent piece of wire dead straight again, only worse. Tell the man to get a new one and spare everybody the aggravation.