• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meridian man

LSA Standard Integrated

6 posts in this topic

Formerly know as DK design, whats the thought of the wise wigwan staff on these amps.

Some how when browsing i seen them on a chinese site but they were not DK or LSA but looked the exact same??

Cheers

I had the DK version. Very nice amp. Oodles of power. Beaten by a Marantz pre/power at twice the price but at no shame to the DK. If you can get one second hand at a good price it's a bargain.

meridian man wrote:

Some how when browsing i seen them on a chinese site but they were not DK or LSA but looked the exact same??

This seems to be common with Chinese-built kit. As well as the Western-badged export model, the factory will turn out alternative versions using the same casework with a different badge.

For example, there are clones of the Puresound A30 floating about, and even the Holy DAC of St Beresford. :shock:

Sometimes these clones are identical apart from the badge; all too often they are cost-reduced knock-offs, not built to the same standards. The only way to tell is to buy one and take it to bits....

LSA company took over DK about 5 years ago, IICRR.

I believe the LSA standard, which was the reference III in DK life, are very much the same amp. The signature and statement models have been intensively upgrade including "Active tube load" (which I believe it's a similar design to my Mcintosh).

I had it for few months, it was a krell 400Xi replacement and the big box beauty made krell sound clinical by comparison. It has a lovely warm sound, which normally add soul to music but never lack slam when needed, may be need it a bit more insight for details freaks out there but not much really that I can be negative at. for the typical 2nd hand selling price, it's a bargain.

Admin

Dynamic Turtle wrote:

The LSA standard is a very ballsy, powerful, dynamic performer that I could happily live with. Big amp though so you'll need a big rack to accomodate it.

DT

Spot on. Nearly bought one myself . :^