In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 garbled posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terbis

Suffolk/Cambrigdeshire bake off

28 posts in this topic

For those wondering how my last bake off came to be cancelled...
[img]http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq297/terbis/Image760.jpg[/img]
I'm sad to say I still haven't been able to complete the repair but I'm hoping it won't be much longer.
As the Wadia and krells are still in fighting form I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a speaker bake off. Just a thought but it might be fun.
I know some of you really wanted to hear the Apogee's and I promise the offer will come as soon as I can.

Oh dear that looks a real horror story :(

How did it happen? Hope you get it fixed soon :^

I had gone downstairs to make a coffee leaving a sound absorber precariously situated by an open window (experimenting with placement). It fell onto the rear of the speaker knocking it over... :cs:

This happened the day before my 1st of 2 scheduled bake off's, just one week after replacing all the caps in both xovers. :roll:

The speaker is at the doctors now and as far as I know the work is complete, I just need to finish paying for it. :sos:

I'd be interested Terry. I could bring my Ushers and some Amphion Argons if I still have them.

Depends on date, but I'd be happy to bringthe wigwam whores (Audio Physic Virgo) and, maybe by then, a pair of ESLs :)

:shock:gutted for you mate! :shock:

rabski wrote:
[quote]Depends on date, but I'd be happy to bring the wigwam whores (Audio Physic Virgo)...[/quote]
LOL
:rofl:

Hi, Nick, Richard and Mike

Seem's it's just the 4 of us then...

To recap, Nick is bringing some Usher's and Amphion Argons.

Richard has Audio Physic Virgo.

Mike, the esoteric would be interesting as would the Kondo but could I persuade to include those beautiful little Sonus Faber's you have????? :dunno:I can provide stands for them....lol

[img]http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq297/terbis/BQ8z2wBmkKGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBJ7gqgj.jpg[/img]

Lets talk dates..... basically I'm good anytime

Hi Terry
As I was going to attend the original bakeoff, and bring my GNSC Opus 21. I would be interested in attending this one, if dates are good.
As I am so close, I could return for other things if needed.

[b]terbis wrote: [/b][quote]Hi, Nick, Richard and Mike

Seem's it's just the 4 of us then...

To recap, Nick is bringing some Usher's and Amphion Argons.

[/quote]

Terry The Amphions have been sold now so its just the Ushers.

Any potential dates?

Gregg, does your opus have volume? If not you'll need to bring a pre too. I'm sure Mike would like to hear it too.
Nick, no problem about the Amphions....
I'm hoping for anytime after the 14th on dates guys, I'm free most of the time so it's more a case of whens good for you.