• advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest eisenach

Chord Signature Speaker Cable

32 posts in this topic

popol_vuh wrote:

This looks like a Monty Python sketch to me for some reason :D

Eric Idle making cables! I was expecting him to keep saying Ni!

ob1 wrote:

popol_vuh wrote:
This looks like a Monty Python sketch to me for some reason :D

Eric Idle making cables!  I was expecting him to keep saying  Ni!

Actually, a bit more like Eric Idle commenting some other guy making some daily routine action in a soccer-commentary style :D

I'm surprised his nose doesn't grow during that.

Yeah, I've seen that one a couple months ago. Made me feel ashamed I own Chord cables. Mind you, they're not the Signature series, I would've felt suicidal if they were.

I don't know what prompted the idea of this video in their minds, does a lot more harm than good to them, imo.

Sorry guys, but how the hell did you imagine cables were terminated? :?

That looked like a pretty good job to me - in line with what you would expect to see with any high-quality hand-terminated cables. I've watched wiring harnesses for missiles being made up, and the standards are similar.

Maybe the foo foo brigade were expecting it to be bent round a Unicorn horn, with some wizardly spells and incantations... :D

Dealer

I had a long chap with him (the owner) at Bristol last year. He's a cool dude when you get past the cable stuff.

meninblack wrote:

That looked like a pretty good job to me ....

Maybe the foo foo brigade were expecting it to be bent round a Unicorn horn, with some wizardly spells and incantations... :D

Errr, no, not quite a Unicorn bit. However, I did have the oportunity to see how qualified work looks like in an electronics factory, and it's nothing like what that boy is showing.

And there's more specialized tools for high quality manufacturing than those cheap thingies he's using, btw. I would've thought they could afford them, the prices they're charging for those cables :roll:

Most cable "manufacturers" are just cottage industries. They buy in cables on the reel and cut, terminate and finish by hand. Nothing wrong with it if it's done properly.

I did laugh at the "directionality" bollocks though. And that is a pretty standard looking RF signal transmission cable they are using, probably pence to tens-of-pence per metre in bulk, plus about 10 minutes labour and 25p worth of heat-shrink and banana plugs.

Still if people are daft enough to pay for it, why not take their money? :D