s2000db

Wammers Job Seeking/Opportunities Networking thread

166 posts in this topic

Well as it seems that the credit crunch is starting to affect our community, I thought that it might be an idea to be able to post what position you're looking for, and/or your skill-set.

As well, please post any jobs that you hear that are available, after all if it's not suitable for those looking here, then we might know someone that could do with the introduction.

Good luck to all those who are currently looking :^

Ok I'll start the ball rolling, there are plenty of various opportunities across the country with Mothercare, they regularly feature in the top 100 employers list, are currently trading well, and treat their staff like humans.. Please see here..

http://www.mothercarejobs.com/

What an excellent idea!

I'm currently 'feeling the pinch'® as a graphic designer - otherwise known as that guy who did all the Wigwam show promotion.

Take a look at my other work here http://www.freelancer-ian.com and give me a call if you have any design related needs... or know anyone who needs logos, brochures, reports, websites and the likes.

Cheers and good luck to any of you in the same boat!

Ian

I'm glad that you think this is worthwhile :^:)

The Wam must be full of people with diverse skills that should be considered if you require any needs or services. Why not contact them first, as if they can't help you directly they might know someone who can... :cool:

Clearly Ian is an accomplished Graphic Designer, please drop him a line for your company's requirements :upgrade:

Hi. My name is Solid and one of my degrees is for Mass Comm (surprise surprise:green:). For an opera-house fee I guess I can be a publicist for any wammer's employment woes... blaher.gif

However I am not for hire yet. The flowers are keeping me alive.capitalism.gif:P

[line]

It's all a bit sad to see the recessionary woes biting into some familiar faces.:( I'd never thought we'd all be witnesses of the mother of all economic meltdowns. Bring back 2005-7!:cs:

SS

earlofsodbury wrote:

Excellent thread! Could it be made a "sticky"?

Oh - and I've seen some of .i.'s work "in the flesh" as it were, it is frankly amazing, and he's worked for a Lot of big names: snap him up while you can :^

Yes don't be shy... name names, add to the kudos ;-)

Reminder... If you know of any jobs going, please post them here...

Excellent idea :bulb:, I’ve been retired for 2 years now, and I’m starting to feel the squeeze turn-light-off-042.gif.

SWMBO has been scouring the papers for a job for me, to get me out of the housefree-confused-smileys-304[1].gif.

She says it’s because our saving are going down fast but I think it could be something else kuli.gif.

jkbmusic wrote:

Excellent idea :bulb:, I’ve been retired for 2 years now, and I’m starting to feel the squeeze turn-light-off-042.gif.

SWMBO has been scouring the papers for a job for me, to get me out of the housefree-confused-smileys-304[1].gif.

She says it’s because our saving are going down fast but I think it could be something else kuli.gif.

What sort of work are you looking for?

superb idea.

I work in sales and marketing and whilst being based in France work on a part time basis for an international group of websites for anglophones/expats responsible for global sales.

I have masses of experience in media sales (print and online) and in a previous incarnation managed the largest B2B advertising teams in the regional press -i was also responsible for launching sudoko in the regional press.... sorry (Yorkshire Post Newspaper group).

I am working on several projects of my own at the moment but i am looking for a couple of hours a day to supplement what i'm currently doing.

Everything considered worldwide.

Oh and I write, and have won loads of awards for, great copy for advertising.

Oh and anyone wanting a bit of media sales training just ask and i'll see what i can do gratis.

Mr Cat wrote:

jkbmusic wrote:

how much is your hifi worth..? :dunno:

Probably more than I could afford.:roll:

I recommend that anyone looking for a job logs on to this web site:

www.jobs.nhs.uk

The NHS is the largest employer in the country, and it doesn't just need doctors and nurses. It needs engineers, carpenters, porters, receptionists, clerical workers, IT professionals, pharmacists and phsiotherapists to name but a few. And there is usually a hospital or clinic somewhere near you! Decent holidays and a good (though not now as good as it once was!) pension scheme.