Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snapper

Wiring boxes together

16 posts in this topic

Every so often I will clean plugs interconnects etc.Usually the plugs going to the speakers just get pulled in and out a few times as do the phonos going to my power amps (x4).

Yesterday was one such day,but this time instead of reaching behind the power amps I decided to turn them round and take a closer look.

To my surprise the amp that feeds my midrange speaker was wired incorrectly:X.

The left out of my pre was wired to the right in of my power:shock:.

The mid always sounded slightly shut-in,especially vocals.

Obviously this has opened up the midrange considerably:D and the soundstage is now in a different ballpark.

It just shows you that you can never fully trust a dealer to wire it up properly.

BTW I've been using it wired incorrectly for more than eight years:shock:

snapper wrote:

Obviously this has opened up the midrange considerably:D and the soundstage is now in a different ballpark.

It just shows you that you can never fully trust a dealer to wire it up properly.

you mean you have one now, cloth ears :D

And IIRC was this not installed for you? Guess ****** is gonna get a roasting next time you see him ;)

Like the systemdek in yer sig, very nice ;)

Ah but does it sound like a Bow system now? :cool:

It's not like Bow at all umberto, but it's very good, very very good, shame it's as ugly as sin though :D

dear snapper... where have you been? I mean 98 contributions, and I've not seen you here before...where did you hide? (and I'd have noticed I promise you, with that HIDEOUS picture you have) shudder.:D;)

Whenever i read something like this it makes me want to check immediately my own kit. Silly thing is when i get home i will

snapper wrote:

seconded, though in my case, it was a gyrodec armboard the wrong way round. I didn't notice for 6 years. if the dealer hadn't gone bust , lets just say ....:shf:

Sony6million wrote:

All I can say is life is easy with only 2 interconnects. Just as well, I don't think I could take it. My brain became full 3 years ago and it won't learn anything new - lord knows I have tried. :D
Not sure if this good or bad. I can learn new stuff but have to delete older/other stuff to make room:D