Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ob1

Oh yes, I love my Hifi :-)

18 posts in this topic

Testy turn up today with the shiny Marantz CD7 (which is now my :D)

God, they do gel so well together :oj: :oj: :oj:

Is this the ex Testure unit or a different one? Lovely bit of kit although dare I say it, I like the SA-1 and SA-7 even more.

Carefull with the CD7. There are parts that cannot be replaced due to no spares being made. If they break the player will become an expensive ornament. A good friend found this out last year.

tommy1 wrote:

Carefull with the CD7. There are parts that cannot be replaced due to no spares being made. If they break the player will become an expensive ornament. A good friend found this out last year.

Marantz UK almost certainly don't but Marantz Germany claimed they hada full set of bits as late as May last year (when I last spoke to them). The Germans are good like that.

Thanks v much for that Tons. I'll let my mate know. He'll be pleased, it's got an intermittant fault at the mo and the repairers said when it finally gives up the ghost they can't fix it any more.

I always bought something that full with slam, fast pace and big on bass. Now I own 3 pieces that you can't say each one would be my sort of gears, but together they really rock my world.

I wouldn't be swapping again in a hurry!

ob1 wrote:

I always bought something that full with slam, fast pace and big on bass. Now I own 3 pieces that you can't say each one would be my sort of gears, but together they really rock my world.

:shock:are you sure Ob1 . Jerry will feel awfully lonley on his own:D

Brilliant news OB1, very pleased for you.

Now you have got that box sapping demon firmly under control, you can turn your full attention to tube rolling! :D

ob1 wrote:

Yup. And Penance is going to be celibate. ;-)

ob1 wrote:

Testy turn up today with the shiny Marantz CD7 (which is now my :D)

God, they do gel so well together :oj: :oj: :oj:

Nice one! I remember reading the reviewsin HFC/HFW/HFN. A KI designed "tour de force" using state of the art technology . Veritably the ingredients for a "classic".

Do you think that if I scrubbed the "1" from my CD17 people might believe it was a CD7? ;-):D