Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gazjam

New Car colour choice

49 posts in this topic

Daft post, but I cant decide!

New Ford Focus Zetec coming up soon, but what colour?

Got it down to two:

Panther Black or Ocean Blue.

Love the black but never had a black car before - are they really THAT bad to keep clean?

The blue though.....nice.

What one though? :dunno: Saw them both on the road and they look good, better than the silvers or whatever.

Seen more black focus' though, and it would be good to have something a wee bit different.

Any Thoughts??

black3ja7.th.jpg

53332315kl9.th.jpg

I like the blue. Looks nice. Only had one black car in 26 years of driving. But no harder IMO ti keep clean. Nice motors Focus.

My last car was black and I had to wash it all the time to keep it clean. Black shows the dirt. My current motor is grey which is a much better colour for hiding the dirt.

Blue isn't such a bad colur but there are as many blue cars around as there are silver ones.

I like both those colours, but blue 'ages' a bit, wherear black is more 'timeless' and unusual, and a bugger to clean in the winter.

More fence sitting....maybe decide by what you'll be able to get inside with each option...interior colours matter more to me than exterior...after all, where do you spend most time?:)

Thanks for the replies Guys.

Went down to the local Ford dealership today and saw 'em both in the flesh.

Gotta say, the black all shined up with the silver alloys sure does look good.

Wouldn't mind passing by the jetwash once a week to keep it looking good.

With the black as well though, I have the option of red trimmed interior seats....

I think we have a winner! :^

Always fancied a black car, be worth keeping it looking good.

(For at least a Month anyway......till I get lazy)

I've had three black cars - they were a total pain to keep clean. You can jet-wash it all you like, but if you don't dry it off with a proper chamois leather you will get water spots or smears. Even then, it will look dull unless you wax polish it as well... :(

meninblack wrote:

I've had three black cars - they were a total pain to keep clean. You can jet-wash it all you like, but if you don't dry it off with a proper chamois leather you will get water spots or smears. Even then, it will look dull unless you wax polish it as well... :(

I agree about black, you have to dry it after washing.

My performance blue Mondeo really looks good after a rinse down.

ClassikFan wrote:

meninblack wrote:

I agree about black, you have to dry it after washing.

My performance blue Mondeo really looks good after a rinse down.

:^ I had a metallic black Fester (probably the same paint as the Focus) and agree with all the above - I'd go with the blue every time.

How much would say colour affects the resale value of a car? My Dad's convinced anything other than silver/grey is going to be worth a lot less later on. Sure some cars you have to go for their colour; Ferrari's should always be red etc. And some colours are often awful, e.g. banana yellow (unless perhaps its a Lotus).

I was passed on the M6 by what looked like a low slung block of cheese going at 140mph.

It was a Lambo Gallardo, and it looked awesome.

That colour though....orangish off-yellow...would look merde on anything else....

Although I prefer black for the surround of e.g. audio-video boxes, I advise blue for cars safely/appropriately used.

I accept that it for some is easier to see other colours.

I confess to liking green for Bentley/RR.

Borats Baby wrote:

Gazjam wrote:
Seen more black focus' though, and it would be good to have something a wee bit different.

You fancy something "a wee bit different",

so you buy a blue Ford Focus ?

Priceless ............ *

* no offence !

None Taken! :nuts: