Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gjm

Bargain supercar!

20 posts in this topic

Not mine, and nowt to do with me. Does give me cause to stop and think though... I wonder if the seller would like to do a swap for my 928? Can't afford a 3200GT at the moment, but one of these would do very nicely. :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQitemZ160306990863

:whistle:

That got more reaction than I expected!

OK - it's hardly a pristine example. But as a practical supercar, a good 'un has to be worth considering. 4 doors (great for the smaller members of the family), reasonable size boot (weekly trip to the supermarket), and genuinely very fast. A friend is using Ghibli Cup as his everyday car, commuting in and out of Norwich and using it to travel to London once a week. And an occasional trackday. I'd say he's nuts, but I did the same with my 928GT for nine months.

I do like the QP. Just maybe not this one. ;-)

gjm wrote:

Not mine, and nowt to do with me. Does give me cause to stop and think though... I wonder if the seller would like to do a swap for my 928? Can't afford a 3200GT at the moment, but one of these would do very nicely. :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQitemZ160306990863

So, let me get this straight. You own an example of the only decent car Porsche ever made, and you want to swap it for a dodgy Italian rustbucket?

If it's the rust that's the major attraction, and you particularly fancy an ugly saloon, I'd be happy to swap your 928 for my Ford Scorpio.............;-)

Beobloke wrote:

So, let me get this straight. You own an example of the only decent car Porsche ever made, and you want to swap it for a dodgy Italian rustbucket?

If it's the rust that's the major attraction, and you particularly fancy an ugly saloon, I'd be happy to swap your 928 for my Ford Scorpio.............;-)

burn the heretic!

:pole:

Matt J wrote:

Beobloke wrote:

burn the heretic!

The 928 Is the only decent car Porsche ever made.

HiFiWigWam wrote:

Matt J wrote:
Beobloke wrote:

burn the heretic!

The 928 Is the only decent car Porsche ever made.

Burn the other one as well

I may be biased, but I think the 928 is a great car.

928-lowfrontleft.jpg?t=1231369308

But I'm a petrolhead. The rate at which I change cars has slowed significantly, but when I see a car I often wonder "what if...?" or "I wonder whats it is like to own one of those?"

I had a look at that last week and agbili which went for 4.5k. its 3k per turbo im told! nice 928 is it for sale? but old 3200 are down to 7.5k

BP

gjm wrote:

But I'm a petrolhead. The rate at which I change cars has slowed significantly, but when I see a car I often wonder "what if...?" or "I wonder whats it is like to own one of those?"

I was exactly the same when I lived at home and could spend all my money on whatever I liked, had more cars than hot dinners.

good times.