Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest A.N.

Mmmmm, tasty rack

37 posts in this topic

was browsing the web for another rack and noticed this, a customdesign milan acoustic, wot you guys rek?

Pretty rack, not sure about glass. £800 sounds alot. In the context of designer furniture - peanuts. Check out the link for some serious pricing (and discount - got to wonder about margins!)

http://www.chaplins.co.uk/index.php?page=clearance&category=-1&showproducts=272

Homosexualus Maximus wrote:

Very attractive design. Pretty simple to copy too. Should be able to knock one out for less than a ton.

I feel a New Year project coming on.

'Tis laughably over priced though.

exactly what i was thinking!! nice looking bit of kit, and yea, less than a ton to blue peter it :):^

For anyone in Edinburgh that want a closer look at one of these, we have one of these on display in the store, albeit without the isolation platforms.

The one we have on display is the 4 shelf Milan Hi-Fi in Walnut with clear glass shelves as shown below. This retails at £509.

tn_MILANHIFIBASE2W038.jpg

We also have a pair of the matching speaker stands, the SQ404,on display. Similar to the model below but with clear glass base plates.

tn_SQ%20404%20WALNUT_035%20.jpg

Strange looking rack, not sure what I think about the design. Maybe a bit over designed?

On thing is for certain,it's going to be one soab to dust with that double glass shelving.

(imho) If we are talking getting near to 1k on a rack. Spend a little more than that on apre owned Finite Elemente Signature rack withsome Cerabase feet and have something with understated beauty that will never be 'out of fashion' or look 'over the top' in any setting. I just managed to blag one for a great price and they really are beautuiful looking racks that you will never grow tired of looking at.