Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stupe1

Interconnect Advice Please

45 posts in this topic

Hi,

My first post so please be gentle :D

I currently run an all Cyrus system ;CDXT, DAC XP and Mono Xs, going into B&W 805s speakers, using Chord interconnects (Sig digital & Chorus RCA), speaker cable (Oddy 2 install).

I am enjoying my system but wonder if the Chord kit is just a bit too 'edgy' for my hardware and was considering a move to Stereovox or Atlas. All copper cables I beleive? I would also like to take advantage, if there is any, of the balanced configuration.

Anyone anyviews on what interconnects may be best suited to my set up?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Tent.

IMO, "copper only" cables will be a little less bright that silver coated ones. Having said that,I believe Cyrusequipment is quite bright anyway. I'm not familiar withhow your speakers soundso can't comment on those.

How have you placed your speakers (position from walls, toe in etc) and what budget would you be looking to spend on replacement cables?

I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum - you'll see it is a "wide church" with cable believers and sceptics, as well as plenty of opinions as to the pros and cons of everyones (hifi) equipment.

Cheers

:fly:

Stupe1 wrote:

Thanks for that.

My speakers are toed in and to be honest sound very good,just trying to acheive the max out of my set up.

Budget for new interconnects ..... £750?

Christ on a bike :nuts:

Copper is copper - did i say i sat on the fence... exotic interconnects won't sound any better than a well made, adequate copper run on say a mark grant cable.

btw: i'm not mark grant :)

You could buy Steve's fabulous prima luna valve amp for that and have enough to buy the mrs a new handbag. Or you could go play a few games of bingo.

Welcome to the tent. :)

Buy some new XLR cables by all means and try the balanced outputs.

Spend the other £700 on something else!

It would go a long way to a real upgrade, or it would buy a lot of music!

DEALER

My advise would be to go for some copper cables, I think I can tell they're less bright.

Spend about £50 and the rest on or music or a seperates upgrade as to be honest a well made cable sounds so similar to another you'd be chucking your money away.

Myself and many others have learnt this the hard way :x

preview.jpg

Why not try these quad cable litz design with solid core 99.99% pure OFCC £24 with 14 day money back from gear4music.com. How can you go wrong as the music was probably played recorded and mixed using these :^

yoda900 wrote:

preview.jpg

Why not try these quad cable litz design with solid core 99.99% pure OFCC £24 with 14 day money back from gear4music.com. How can you go wrong as the music was probably played recorded and mixed using these :^

Now I am confused .....do I really only need to spend this sort of money!

DEALER

Have you seen the internal wiring in your amp and speakers? Bell wire :D

Save your money and put it to better use.

DEALER