Leonard Smalls

DVD Recommendations

1,184 posts in this topic

Sony6million wrote:

I recommend the X-Files boxsets, which I currently have for sale :D Seasons 1-4 are the best, 5 is ok after that it went down hill and the conspiracy disappeared up its own backside.

I have all 9 series on DVD and couldn't agree more with you regarding when it Jumped the Shark.

Very sad as it really was great TV for a while. Still never watched all of series 8 and seen none of series 9 yet.

They should have chopped X-Files after the Smoking Man died, IMO. It all got a bit silly and largely incomprehensible after that.

meninblack wrote:

They should have chopped X-Files after the Smoking Man died, IMO. It all got a bit silly and largely incomprehensible after that.

:^

Dudes I have just seen Kill Bill Vol 2 for the first time, a 6/10 film, quite watchable if far fetched, but it has one of the most pristine video transfers I have ever seen for a film, quite stunning in fact. Well worth checking out if you want to see what your DVD or Dispplay can do when fed a stunning picture, I am running PAL PS BNC-RCA to a 36" CRT TV. Best visuals I have seen on my rig.

griffo104 wrote:

Something funny/enjoyable hearing Lovejoy saying some wonderfully offensive language.

In my Beeb days I worked on Lovejoy... And hearing Mr Mcshane utter foul language was certainly not unknown. And he insisted on smoking a cigar in the sound dubbing theatre.

"Team America - World Police" tomorrow, with "Kill Bill 1" and some Jacques Tati for next week.

Cloth-Ears wrote-

Ah Deadwood - amazing series. I saw the first disc from series one a few days ago. I couldn't have guessed that a "western" series could be this good.

Indeed – excellent programme! :^

Ian McShane = Al Swearengen aka ‘Swear Engine’

Watched "Team America - World Police" last night...

Absolutely hilarious, so long as you're not too PC, right wing, left wing, squeamish or easily shocked... It's like "Thunderbirds" should have been!

Great songs as well.. (Fuck yeah!)

Chewie wrote:

One of the best films I have seen for a while, I hope it wins something this weekend, it thoroughly deserves to :^

B000ATJKM0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyable film, I would think most have seen it now but well worth it if you haven't.

Just watched a most entertaining movie, very silly, very witty, very violent and very dubbed (though with good soundtrack) - highly recommended:

B000AAVDGA.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg