Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riverdog

Guns N' Roses/Chinese Democracy

60 posts in this topic

Probably not, I'm not a great G.n.R. fan, but I'm sure it will be a success.

Riverdog wrote:

Not sure I want to know the answer. But hey... am I?

Rose/McKagan/Slash/Stradlin/Adler or Sorum was Guns 'n Roses.

The current line-upis something, but it is not G 'n R. Rose has an absolutecheek to try and pass this shit off as the real deal. The thing is, many people will buy the album expecting to see the names of the original line-up in there somewhere, and they won't. A few people are liable to end up pissed off.

It will probably sell, but its like trying to say Paul McCartney would still be The Beatles if he brought in three other guys. :nup:

Appetite For Destruction and Lies/Live Like A Suicide EP were the real Guns 'n' Roses. Even the Illusion LPs were a bit shit but at least they were the original line-up and contained the odd gem. I'll buy Chinese Democracy if it ever comes out but it ain't Guns 'n' Roses, whatever it says on the cover.

Injector wrote:

Appetite For Destruction and Lies/Live Like A Suicide EP were the real Guns 'n' Roses. Even the Illusion LPs were a bit shit but at least they were the original line-up and contained the odd gem. I'll buy Chinese Democracy if it ever comes out but it ain't Guns 'n' Roses, whatever it says on the cover.

Amen

This album must've been 9-10 years in the making?!?!?! It'll be mediocre without a doubt, and will make Velvet Revolver sound amazing...

Yomanze wrote:

This album must've been 9-10 years in the making?!?!?!  It'll be mediocre without a doubt, and will make Velvet Revolver sound amazing...

Must admit, over the years I've gone out and bought everything released by Slash, Duff and Izzy in the vain hope of finding that bit of GN'R magic only to be sorely let down. If the various leaks are anything to go by Chinese Democracy ought to be much closer to the mark

Nine of the tracks got leaked. One or two are ok I guess. But then Axels band are trying to sound like Guns ' n Roses, they would have to, because they ain't if you catch my drift.

Rumour has it cost $13m dollars to make, the record company(Geffen) are shitting themselves as they say its nigh on impossible for it to turn a profit as nobody is buying CD's anymore. Thats even if it sells a few million copies!

The guy obviously lost the plot years ago and is so far up his own arse, he can stay there for all I care.

I too have bought both Snakepit albums & both Velvet Revolver albums but nothing comes remotely close to Appetite. Still, I'm sure Kings X and myself will be down HMV like mugs to buy Chinese Democracy when it comes out! Only this time I won't be expecting much so can only by impressed rather than let down.

Injector wrote:

I too have bought both Snakepit albums & both Velvet Revolver albums but nothing comes remotely close to Appetite. Still, I'm sure Kings X and myself will be down HMV like mugs to buy Chinese Democracy when it comes out! Only this time I won't be expecting much so can only by impressed rather than let down.

Out of curiosity more than anything. VR aren't bad, saw them live in Liverpool uni but was so pissed I can't really rememberthe last third of the gig. Sound was shite as well, just a hail of noise where I was standing.

Still, the best of itwas getting to watch about ten feet away from Slash...

:notworthy:

Wow - this is a WAV analysis of the track Chinese Democracy showing an enviable dynamic range and almost total lack of brickwalling...Lars - are you listening???

file.php?id=104

I'm impressed and looking forward to this!

Yep, even in mp3 format it sounds HUGE... there is just so much going on in the track, albeit may be a little on the indulgent side. But ought to be a good demo disc if this is anything to go by