Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duvet

My wife knows i dabble in wanky wires

18 posts in this topic

Admin

:shock:i thought it was the one part of hifi i got away with but apparently she's known all along or it could be Earls foo box sticking out like a cats cock in the moonlight.

God damn women they know everything . As Fraser says " We're doomed ":(

:DBut the most important thing does she know how much you paid for them :zip:

s2000db wrote:

Don't worry - wives can always hear the difference ;-):D

You joke, but a number of years ago Isecretly inserted a Transparent Reference power cord into the system before the wife got home, and hide the box (which she discovered a few weeks later :clout:)

That evening: "Have you been fiddling with the system again, it sounds different" :shock::D:zip:;-)

Duvet wrote:

:shock:i thought it was the one part of hifi i got away with but apparently she's known all along or it could be Earls foo box sticking out like a cats cock in the moonlight.

Good job it wasn't Earl's cock sticking out of the rack.

You might have got away with it if it was shaped exactly like a turnip

Tel wrote:

Duvet wrote:

Good job it wasn't Earl's cock sticking out of the rack.

You might have got away with it if it was shaped exactly like a turnip

More like a radish I've heard :run:

Testure wrote:

s2000db wrote:
Don't worry - wives can always hear the difference ;-):D

You joke, but a number of years ago Isecretly inserted a Transparent Reference power cord into the system before the wife got home, and hide the box (which she discovered a few weeks later :clout:)

That evening: "Have you been fiddling with the system again, it sounds different" :shock::D:zip:;-)

I thought I was critical, but I've had to do some serious upgrading and tweaking to get 'the missus' happy! I've secretly swapped interconnects and she has noticed. My amp is particularly sensitive to such things though. ;) ;)

Too true Classikfan. :P

I can pick out between my Gotham and NVA speaker cable 'blindly' though. :zip::zip::zip:

EDIT: I should add that with different equipment and unknown tracks I'd have no chance, but on my kit and with my tracks I can tell speaker cable apart, but not interconnects.

Forgot to add this sketch about relationships... :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQyz_aecNc

The good thing (unless they have an engineering degree) is that they won't realise that the price paid has nothing to do with the materials involved..

An excellent concept for a woman, especially if they're in to Prada Louis Vuitton etc etc :green:

Haha s2000db, I guess women are already conditioned to materials having nothing to do with price.

Yomanze wrote:

Haha s2000db, I guess women are already conditioned to materials having nothing to do with price.

Yup, the perceived price is always 'stratospheric' (an excellent concept from my 'Dummies guide to marketing') ;-)

s2000db wrote:

Yomanze wrote:

Yup, the perceived price is always 'stratospheric' (an excellent concept from my 'Dummies guide to marketing') ;-)

Is that one of yours?

Testure wrote:

:DBut the most important thing does she know how much you paid for them :zip:

Or how much Quilt Boy sold some of them for...