Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulf-2007

mail on sunday- Mcintosh

11 posts in this topic

has anyone seen the mail on sunday live magazine? There is an article about Mcintosh gear, power amp £17500, three pre amps? £15000, cd £3750, digital to analogue converter £4250. So £40,000 no mention of speakers. Ok if thats your thing and you have the cash and a football stadium to crank up the 2000w amps, fine. BUT.......... if you're prepared to give someone £3750 for a cd, I would expect it to have a half decent, no, bloody good dac. But no Mcintosh wants to sell you one for £4250, what a rich, brainless twat you must be.

£3750 and you're expecting a DAC as well? :shock:

Where do you live, planet cheap-arse?? :?

For that money you can be thankful you get a laser and don't have to stand over it with a Maglite.... :P

£3750 ?

Wouldn't even buy three quarters of a decent CDP like an Esoteric X-03, you don't get a DAC with that either!

Tel wrote:

£3750 ?

Wouldn't even buy three quarters of a decent CDP like an Esoteric X-03, you don't get a DAC with that either!

I beg to differ Sir.

With an RRP of 5 grand, £3750 buys you exactly three quarters of an Esoteric X-03se ;)

The DAC is inside. ;););)

paulf-2007 wrote:

has anyone seen the mail on sunday live magazine? There is an article about Mcintosh gear, power amp £17500, three pre amps? £15000, cd £3750, digital to analogue converter £4250. So £40,000 no mention of speakers. Ok if thats your thing and you have the cash and a football stadium to crank up the 2000w amps, fine. BUT.......... if you're prepared to give someone £3750 for a cd, I would expect it to have a half decent, no, bloody good dac. But no Mcintosh wants to sell you one for £4250, what a rich, brainless twat you must be.
That sort of kit is aimed at those with cash and football stadia. The target market are the wealthy with lots and lots of disposable income. Read Premiership footballers, succesful businessmen and the like. They have big homes, no near neighbours (they certainly don't live in semi detached houses) and a license to play their music in a wing of the mansion dedecated to music so they don't disturb the WAG and kids. That stuff is every bit as much a 'lifestyle' product as those of us with a Denon/Yamaha/Onkyo all in ones. They just have bigger and (arguably) better lives.:)

Tel wrote:

£3750 ?

Perhaps you mean the P-03 ?? :)

paulf-2007 wrote:

Well a few people on here own bits and pieces of McIntosh, I'm far from rich. I can't really answer as to whether ot not I'm 'brainless' or a 'twat' though. You'd have to run a poll on that one :D

Phil

kingsxfan wrote:

paulf-2007 wrote:

Well a few people on here own bits and pieces of McIntosh, I'm far from rich. I can't really answer as to whether ot not I'm 'brainless' or a 'twat' though. You'd have to run a poll on that one :D

Phil

I'm not rich either, but I am a brainless twat, and I don't have any McIntosh kit! :shock: Should I buy some? :?

I'm neither rich nor a brain dead anything: I have a Mac CDP, but like the rest of my kit, do you think I paid anything like retail for it? Shit, no! i even beat Duvet's old challenge of the high end on 40% of retail...

Shop around!

Mibbie: get a decent amp!:P:P:P

boxer wrote:

I'm neither rich nor a brain dead anything: I have a Mac CDP, but like the rest of my kit, do you think I paid anything like retail for it? Shit, no! i even beat Duvet's old challenge of the high end on 40% of retail...

Shop around!

Mibbie: get a decent amp!:P:P:P

I didn't pay anywhere near current RRP for my amp, could not afford to buy one at 6.5k anyway.Mine is only 9 months oldand was barely used, I got a stunner of a bargain. Picked up my Emotions for quite a bit less than current RRP as well, and quite a bitless than 50% RRP;)I think the piano gloss black is an extra as well over the 5k retail, not too sure though. I got two stunning bargains though.