Due to a configuration issue, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us therefore PayPal’s gateway is temporarily unavailable. We have set up a safe alternative gateway called Stripe so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades. Many thanks. Tech Team

The SEARCH function is currently under review due to a large number of old unstructured posts. This may take up to 1-2 days to complete. Alternatively, please use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bourney

single male dominated hobby

76 posts in this topic

Mr Cat wrote:

but then women have womens hobbies like- shopping for shoes, makeup, washing, ironing, cooking etc... :)
...staggers from the room, clutching his throat, blood pumping between his fingers!:pole:

I'm married.

Don't forget the term WAF (wife acceptance factor) is often applied to Hifi. I'm sure there are a lot of married blokes who sneak boxes into the house under the cover of darkness. I tried this once thinking she would not notice my new speakers (but luckily I got "like your new speakers" - the next day - phew!)

jkbmusic wrote:

Blokes with Hifi, without a companion on the go, are either too busy working, or too emotionally retarded to be able to sustain a relationship.:run:

Or maybe they just dont want one!

had a girlfriend one time phone me with a bargain for two new leather sofas we needed as i had some spare cash. I had to inform her i had just blown the lot on an amp!!!!! she went mad!!!! But her arse was big enough it did not need any cushioning on a sofa!!!!! bitch:wall::D

Matt J wrote:

jkbmusic wrote:
Blokes with Hifi, without a companion on the go, are either too busy working, or too emotionally retarded to be able to sustain a relationship.:run:

Or maybe they just dont want one!

OK Greta, but you might regret it in the twilight of your years when your slobbering out of the corner of your mouth, your diper needs changing, and the TV channel is stuck on Countdown. Or maybe not.:22:

earlofsodbury wrote:

What's all this talkin' to wimmin malarkey?   I've never met one as shuts up long enough for me to get a word in edgewise, much less one that showed the slightest interest in whether yer lived or died, much less cobblers like hifi!  Only 1 subject of conversation: themselves, incessantly. That's why they breathe through their ears - they never need 'em for listening and that way they can talk and breathe at the same time.

Wimmin - fine as a cum dump until you get bored of prodding the same old slobberhole, but if it's companionship you want, a stimulating convo yer after, then it's a bloke yer need.  In a pub or a curryshop, or just possibly in front of Match of the Day.

Christ! I'm in one today. :rant:

Suddenly my dull Friday afternoon just became worth living through....:rofl:

My situation is that Mrs. B plays the piano and the flute and has a fine pair of ears (amongst other bits...:bouncey:). She doesn't possess my level of obsession (few do...) but can be impressively critical of the changes that components and accessories make.

And she says I can have whatever I want, within reason, in my listening room, as long as nothing but B&O ever crosses the threshold into the lounge, apart from the MS Performance 9 sub, but that was a special case.

:^

Well unless all the single males (ME) are avoiding this thread it seems not.

Dean..confirmed batchelor.

Well i'm married too, this hobby started when I was single though, all my Dad's fault!

Been with Mrs O for nearly 30 years now,had a reasonable system when she moved into my flatso she has never known anything else,although going from Impulse H5's to H2's was quite a shock for her !!!

Fortunately she shares my love of music,well not Jethro Tull,but no ones perfect.Did have to concede a bit when we redid our lounge,had to agree that theamps and phono stage which consisted of 7 items was going to take up to much room,so they had to go.

WAF is an impotant issue as well,she loves the Amphions and won't let me change them,although she was a bit annoyed when I changed deck from a Clearaudio to the VPI as it don't look as nice,but after a listen she was easily convinced.

Bourney wrote:

the question is..

are there so many men intoHifi single because of their hobby..or are they into it because they are single and have far too much time on their hands to faff around with stuff to get a smidgen more detail out of it???

seems to be a lot of 30 something blokes into Hifi with no bird on the go. so, is one the cause of the other???

if you were after a bit of action you should have said when Icalled round, maybe I could have earnt a bit of a discount!!.... :hom:

If I wasn't single I doubt I could get away the speakers I have now, and besides, my current on /off squeeze lives a short plane flight away, close enough for action, far enough for me to do what I like!

PARAGON wrote:

and besides, my current on /off squeeze lives a short plane flight away, close enough for action, far enough for me to do what I like with other women!

Thats the spirit, sow your seed lad :^

Bourney wrote:

seems to be a lot of 30 something blokes into Hifi with no bird on the go. so, is one the cause of the other???

What happens to them when they hit 40 or 50?

JJ

Matt J wrote:

PARAGON wrote:
and besides, my current on /off squeeze lives a short plane flight away, close enough for action, far enough for me to do what I like with other women!

Thats the spirit, sow your seed lad :^

You will get me into trouble like that Matt!

:P

roll_with_it wrote:

Bourney wrote:
roll_with_it wrote:
For me, I would never think about talking anything hifi to a new woman on the scene, unless she asked about it. 99% of the time I reckon any hifi talk would appear geeky, even strange.

when i met Antoinette i showed her me banana plugs..:doh: she musta really liked me..

haha! nice one :D

With my ex,  she would always try to show interest, which was important for me, but at the same time, it may as well have been an Alba all-in-one.

Cor blimey,I'd love to have an Alba,as long as her first name's Jessica that is!:shaggers:

Ganders.