Followers 0
Bourney

single male dominated hobby

76 posts in this topic

Bourney wrote:

JB wrote:
their 'mate' hey...................???

maybe its a raving homo's hobby then??? :D

I did conclusively demonstrate a couple of years back that the Tent is actually as camp as fuck!

But go to a show and it's full of obviously single geeks, `cept for me, of course;).

Yours,

Sylph-like Adonis Aunty Boxer

boxer wrote:

I did conclusively demonstrate a couple of years back that the Tent is actually as camp as fuck!

[align=center]HIFI WIGWAM[/align]

[align=center]Camp as a row of tents[/align]

My girlfriend is more critical with regard to "good sound" than I am! She doesn't mess around with anything, but will quickly point out if there are improvements (or the opposite).

An interesting question really my new girlfriend's ex has expensive hifi I try not to comment too much :zip: but guess she accepted it with him so hope she understands it's a mans thing plus liking my taste in music too ;)

If you're single, there's probably little to stop you spending all your spare cash on the hobby if you so wanted. Where as us with other halves just can't do that, else we would end up single! There's loads of stuff I'd like to get, to really get my setup sounding even better and generally go über geek, but most of our funds have to go on other stuff like house, kids etc. Also finding time to try things out and critical listening is difficult to come by (especially with kids), I get enough scorn for the time I spend dusting and cleaning the hifi, compared to the rest of the house...

:cs:

That said my other half does enjoy the hifi, when ever I come back from work there's always a big stack of death metal cd's or glam lp's piled up from the days listening...

:zip:

Of course were it not for my interest in the hobby, she'd be happy with a £200 Richersounds rig.

Yomanze wrote:

My girlfriend is more critical with regard to "good sound" than I am! She doesn't mess around with anything, but will quickly point out if there are improvements (or the opposite).

I bought the same model.

:D

roll_with_it wrote:

For me, I would never think about talking anything hifi to a new woman on the scene, unless she asked about it. 99% of the time I reckon any hifi talk would appear geeky, even strange.

when i met Antoinette i showed her me banana plugs..:doh:she musta really liked me..

My wonderful wife of 20 years has no interest in the technical side, but she does have a good ear, and forgives me when I go off on a hi-fi reverie every so often.

She likes it to look nice, and is brutal with criticism. I'm not allowed a Sondek ("It looks like a 70's stereogram") but she likes the little valve amp and the round XA power amps.

I just have to not stress about her obsession with shoes........

Stupinder wrote:

Yomanze wrote:

I bought the same model.

:D

LOL... I did fancy an upgrade, but couldn't handle the increased soundstage...

Bourney wrote:

roll_with_it wrote:
For me, I would never think about talking anything hifi to a new woman on the scene, unless she asked about it. 99% of the time I reckon any hifi talk would appear geeky, even strange.

when i met Antoinette i showed her me banana plugs..:doh:she musta really liked me..

haha! nice one :D

With my ex, she would always try to show interest, which was important for me, but at the same time, it may as well have been an Alba all-in-one.

earlofsodbury wrote:

What's all this talkin' to wimmin malarkey? I've never met one as shuts up long enough for me to get a word in edgewise, much less one that showed the slightest interest in whether yer lived or died, much less cobblers like hifi! Only 1 subject of conversation: themselves, incessantly. That's why they breathe through their ears - they never need 'em for listening and that way they can talk and breathe at the same time.

Wimmin - fine as a cum dump until you get bored of prodding the same old slobberhole, but if it's companionship you want, a stimulating convo yer after, then it's a bloke yer need. In a pub or a curryshop, or just possibly in front of Match of the Day.

class Earl..class :rofl:

Bourney wrote:

earlofsodbury wrote:
What's all this talkin' to wimmin malarkey? I've never met one as shuts up long enough for me to get a word in edgewise, much less one that showed the slightest interest in whether yer lived or died, much less cobblers like hifi! Only 1 subject of conversation: themselves, incessantly. That's why they breathe through their ears - they never need 'em for listening and that way they can talk and breathe at the same time.

Wimmin - fine as a cum dump until you get bored of prodding the same old slobberhole, but if it's companionship you want, a stimulating convo yer after, then it's a bloke yer need. In a pub or a curryshop, or just possibly in front of Match of the Day.

class Earl..class :rofl:

:rofl:cum dump, slobberhole :rofl:

Blokes with Hifi, without a companion on the go, are either too busy working, or too emotionally retarded to be able to sustain a relationship.:run:

Music's what its all about, innit?brother.gifâ„¢