Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bourney

single male dominated hobby

76 posts in this topic

the question is..

are there so many men intoHifi single because of their hobby..or are they into it because they are single and have far too much time on their hands to faff around with stuff to get a smidgen more detail out of it???

seems to be a lot of 30 something blokes into Hifi with no bird on the go. so, is one the cause of the other???

I think one can lead to the other and the other way around too!! Especially if you are on a first date and start talking about soundstage and transparency.........GEEK ALERT!!!

Its just boys and toys is all!

I not been single while in hi fi craze but you can get close to it if you start talking about it or if she finds out you spent the holiday money on a cable!!!

i will be soon..just noticed thatwhenever i sell something it is normally blokes who live on their todd who turn up with their `mate' who come to listen / buy....

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Speak for yourself, i'm married :?

Ditto:love: but this hobby is a bloke thing, except for Samantha.

My interest in hifi has intensified while I have been sharing my life and home. But then I suppose it is because I realise there will be no sweeping changes once we have a home together, major purchases will have to have some justification beyond "I fancied a change!"

Oi- stop aspersin castin's (or some such) I'm early 50's married, and Hi-Fi's the last boys toy I've got left.

Who knows? I know which matters the most, that's for sure.

I sold something a while ago, and because I'm a kind soul, I dropped it off at the buyer's house after work. Walked in his front room, maybe 15 x 20 feet - aside from a telly, dvd player, video, and Playstation, there werethree sets of large floorstanders, an av amp, pre/power amps, turntable, about four cd players, couple of tuners, and probably seven or eight cassette decks, DAT machines, reel to reels etc etc.

I really wanted to ask, 'Is the wife not in today?', but I just couldn't bring myself to do it!

So I just ran.

Ranas fast as I could to my car, drove all the way home at high speed, gave my girl a peck on the cheek, and put on some choons on my modest girlfriendly, discretely placed on some bookshelves in the corner with the smallestfloorstanders money can buy hifi, and smiled.

JB wrote:

I had a girlfriend knock my Dyn 1.8 over once requiring a new tweeter...............she did not last!!! But the scars remain and now I have had to rearrange the room to minimise speaker / girlfriend interface!!!!!!!!!

kill her..then kill her again..