Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enbee23

LP12 value?

22 posts in this topic

I fancy a change so the old fruitbox might have to go...

What is a Sondek worth these days?

And where would be the best place to sell it for maximum return?

It is in original 1983 spec with Valhalla, Ittok, fluted Afromosia plinth.

Serial number 574XX.

It was serviced last year with new belt, springs & grommets, hinges and AudioOrigami oil. Valhalla & Ittok pronounced fit too.

Condition is very good, no dings to the wood and no marks on the alloy. The box was lost to a burst pipe in the loft years ago though. Lid has some light marks which would probably polish out but I've never tried. Original owner 1983-1989 and been in my family since then.

Any thoughts?

Nick – with the Ittok and recent service I would say £550. On Epay it would easily reach £600-700 you would also maybe get one of the those crazy epayers going up to £800 for a deck such in that description, in the real world ie here or PFM £550.

enbee23 wrote:

I fancy a change so the old fruitbox might have to go...

What is a Sondek worth these days?

And where would be the best place to sell it for maximum return?

It is in original 1983 spec with Valhalla, Ittok, fluted Afromosia plinth.

Serial number 574XX.

It was serviced last year with new belt, springs & grommets, hinges and AudioOrigami oil. Valhalla & Ittok pronounced fit too.

Condition is very good, no dings to the wood and no marks on the alloy. The box was lost to a burst pipe in the loft years ago though. Lid has some light marks which would probably polish out but I've never tried. Original owner 1983-1989 and been in my family since then.

Any thoughts?

£450 ish box would help

I paid £500 for an 1989 non fluted, Akito unit with Cirkus bearing and AT OC-7 so I would have thought a serviced Ittok fitted unit should be worth a little bit more.

I personally don't like the fluted plinths but I don't think they affect value.

reg wrote:

Are you planning on selling altogether and with or without cart?

Good question. Part of me would like to sell it all together as the various bits might miss each other if split after 25 years ;)

OTOH, I could be tempted to sell it as parts if the financial gain would significantly outweigh the faff factor!

There is a virtually new Denon DL-103 fitted right now which I would probably keep.

I agree that having a proper box would make the thing a far more attractive proposition to a distant buyer. I'll look into new packaging from Linn. Gulp!

enbee23 wrote:

I wonder if any of that would be be recovered as an additional return when I sell the thing? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Original packaging would make it possible for the TT to be posted, therefore opening it up to a far wider market, so it should fetch a much better price. Collection only really puts most people off bidding in my experience.:)

JB

enbee23 wrote:

I wonder if any of that would be be recovered as an additional return when I sell the thing? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

yes and also it means more people can bid because it can be posted.

also I think the packageing will be recovered in the sale price

I hate stuff without packageing and manuals and all parts

if its got everything it was sold with you know someones taken care

i_should_coco wrote:

You could double thw price if you filled it with Oranges! :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: lmfao