hifinutt

pooper snoopers get free council tax

13 posts in this topic

Super Wammer

is it april 1st yet ? amazed to hear if you spy on people who don`t clean up dog mess you can get free council tax

People who film or photograph fly-tippers and irresponsible dog owners will not have to pay council tax, Liverpool's mayor has pledged.

Joe Anderson said he was "getting so angry" about dog mess and litter he needed the public's help to identify culprits in the act.

He said the plans were about boosting "civil pride" in the community.

The city's Liberal Democrats leader Richard Kemp said he was unconvinced by the proposals.

you think it might catch on?? I could do with a few bob off mt council tax !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39003283

Sounds like a shit idea ;)

Actually I hate litter and I hate dog mess, and me and the missus regularly pick up litter around our village plus all the crap that gets deposited by the river where we walk the dog. Maybe it'd be better if you got a few quid off your council tax if you actively participate in helping to clear the place up. I think asking people to grass up their neighbours has several obvious pitfalls, but if you got people re-engaged in helping to look after their environment perhaps they'd start to apply some pressure on those responsible for making the mess in the first place.

This from the same mayor who wants to sell off Sefton Park Meadows to local developers, despite the proliferation of unoccupied luxury flats around the park. He is rotund in belly not brain.

Program on recently about urban walking , the beauty in our towns etc . The guy said all places have one thing in common dog waste bags left around.

I really don't know what the solution is to dog waste , yes pick it up then ... more bins ? More council workers emptying the extra bins ?

Its a massive problem.

Super Wammer

I often see folks picking up their dog poo . turns my stomach [and I have a strong one normally!!] take my hat off to them and puts me off dog ownership a great deal

Really good idea! Anything that helps stop the blight of dog poo can only make things better. I'm a professional dog walker so most of my day is spent dodging the turds of doom. It did make me chuckle the other day though. Someone went round one of the local parks and sprayed each and every abandoned poo bright pink! There were tons of pink blobs all over the place, certainly made it easier to spot but it was shocking how much was actually there!

1 hour ago, hifinutt said:

I often see folks picking up their dog poo . turns my stomach [and I have a strong one normally!!] take my hat off to them and puts me off dog ownership a great deal

Its a doddle honestly , I have two dogs and they go three times as day each usually , breathe through your mouth or hold your breath , its one of those things that you have to get on with.

1 hour ago, Purplefowler said:

Someone went round one of the local parks and sprayed each and every abandoned poo bright pink! There were tons of pink blobs all over the place, certainly made it easier to spot but it was shocking how much was actually there!

The Pink Poo Fairy , we had it , never worked , nothing ever does >:(

Unless the crap is in biodegradable bags, it's seems  a time bomb for later generations managing the landfills.   Same problem with all the non degradable pampers still out there.  Waiting...

could incineration work with modern technology? Then scavenge heat exchange etc?

Driving home this morning I saw a couple with two dogs, parked up and donning their walking boots ready for a walk around the lake no doubt. I tried in a friendly apologetic manner to warn them that they would most likely incur a parking ticket as it is a residents only parking area. I was sort of thanked but on my way out later I passed by where they had temporarily parked only to spy a black poop bag placed on my neighbours wall; not very nice.

Most drivers usually thank you but some adopt an argumentative tone. Quite a few of the neighbouring streets have this residents only parking due to visitors blocking their driveways or in some instances parking on their drives.