atomic606

FREE
Proac d15

40 posts in this topic

I think we'd best leave it to Thomas to decide.

Still, I'd gladly help if they could be got somewhere I could pick them up on the way - M40/Oxford area perhaps? Hastings/Taunton/Scalford is pretty much a 150 mile equilateral triangle, not the most convenient route!

Checking the dates, I'm in New York 17-19 March to be ringside for GGG v Jacobs so will miss scalford unfortunately. Possibly go village vanguard on the Friday depending on what's on ( bit of a jazz pilgrimage) :)

Edited by atomic606

Ok, I'm holding out as you know but not for too much longer..

iv bought a brand new bass/mid for the left speaker from proac, anyone who claims these speakers will now have to cover that cost £220 . They have plenty of drivers available if the right one was to let go at some point.. 

Edited by atomic606

These have been claimed ( provisionally) .

thanks for all the intrest. 

Just to clear any misgivings up , I have claimed these although not a paid up wammer this year  I have been for many years,I have contributed  and given various bits and pieces to the spirit as I'm sure Rick and others will attest over the years

1 minute ago, atomheartmother said:

Just to clear any misgivings up , I have claimed these although not a paid up wammer this year  I have been for many years,I have contributed  and given various bits and pieces to the spirit as I'm sure Rick and others will attest over the years

Congratulations John, absolutely fantastic set of speakers you've got there. There's not many speakers out there that just let you enjoy music so much, and go very loud too if you want it. Instruments timbre is remarkable with those speakers.

What colour were they, just out of interest?

They are a standard ( for proac) finish wood colour lol..

they do have reasonable power handerling but it's worth remembering they use a bass/mid and if you have something like ' London grammar ' playing with deep bass and a naked vocal you will soon notice a degradation of the vocal as the driver is trying to reproduce the low content and its performance in the mid range is compromised.  

If it were me I'd off hand the low frequency ( sub 80hz) and run dual subs, they don t have to be expensive ones. That way you will negate the inherent compromise a bass/mid brings and open up a much larger performance window. 

Edited by atomic606

10 minutes ago, atomic606 said:

They are a standard ( for proac) finish wood colour lol..

yes, I gathered they would be a wood finish :roll: Just was interested being a proac fan.

Can live with those without subs as well, which can't be said for all slim(ish) floor standers.

29 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

yes, I gathered they would be a wood finish :roll: Just was interested being a proac fan.

Can live with those without subs as well, which can't be said for all slim(ish) floor standers.

Sorry I can't remember the exact name of the finish, but as you know proac offer 'special' finishes these are just standard wood finished. No offence ment, I really could not remember and they are up in my dark loft.. ( so answered you the best I could) 

They do give a decent level of bass, not the best defined though. Depending on your musical taste taking the stress off the bass/mid ( rather than wanting more bass per say) is a definite advantage. 

They are my third pair of proac' so you could say I'm keen on the brand as well..

Thanks for your enthusiastic input in the thread:)

Edited by atomic606