• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
atomic606

FREE
Proac d15

40 posts in this topic

A pair of proac d15's , one of the bass/mid drivers sounds like the coils not quite right but replacements are available still I believe ... 

Cosmetically good condition, a few marks but the scrub up well.. Retailed for around £1600 10 years ago.

swing by the house ( Taunton ) if you fancy them. 

Edited by atomic606

If no ones taken you up on this I'd be amazed, these are amazing speakers.

12 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

If no ones taken you up on this I'd be amazed, these are amazing speakers.

Absolutely, amazed no-one has snaffled these up. I only live 40 mins drive away and would like to give them a listen, but I really don't need any new speakers right now so have been waiting for someone more needy to nip in there!

3 and half hour drive for me but I'm still tempted, and I already have a set of response 1.5 that I use ! (no, I really dont need anymore speakers :)

The dealer I bought them from offered me £1k for them 2 years ago lol 

they just need a bass/mid driver.. £200 or so most likely and solder it on obviously. 

I used to drive the crap out of them with a big krell amp, they like power. Used with various krells and quad 606, am sure some class D amps would be good with them too... 

Edited by atomic606

27 minutes ago, atomic606 said:

The dealer I bought them from offered me £1k for them 2 years ago lol 

they just need a bass/mid driver.. £200 or so most likely and solder it on obviously. 

I used to drive the crap out of them with a big krell amp, they like power. Used with various krells and quad 606, am sure some class D amps would be good with them too... 

They are stunning speakers !.

but your right you do have to drive the crap out of them to make them really sing, they just need loads of juice and to driven hard to sound their best in my opinion, my response 1.5s are the same. But theyre not bad all-rounders to be fair. The D15 are practically the identical to the 1.5s  apart from the ports in a different place.

I love mine, I'd hate to part with them, I'd possibly upgrade to a set of 2.5/D25 but I imagine their probably worse for being power hungry, and more space needed again. the 1.5/15s are a much easier to live with option.

Edited by eddie-baby

I have a freind with a pair, he drives his with a 70 w naim amp o.O that don't cut the mustard imo 

iv had a few messages but no one has abided by the rules of this area.. Not really contributing members and not subscribers , not to mention made first contact through private message..

i suggest folks read the rules, I don't mind giving stuff away but to those who contribute to the forum regularly and who need the speakers.. Not just wanting to add to their extensive collection lol 

Edited by atomic606

Cool, good man you stick to your guns, I commend you for giving such beauties away, I wish you was my neighbour!

Yeah, I got an 80 watt Naim myself which drives them ok but its not a marriage made in heaven (and strangely (to me) you see the combination a lot), however I've got a 'lesser' but more powerful amp and they Rock with it.:rockin:

Good luck to the lucky Wammer that gets these.

Edited by eddie-baby

11 minutes ago, atomic606 said:

I have a freind with a pair, he drives his with a 70 w naim amp o.O that don't cut the mustard imo 

iv had a few messages but no one has abided by the rules of this area.. Not really contributing members and not subscribers , not to mention made first contact through private message..

i suggest folks read the rules, I don't mind giving stuff away but to those who contribute to the forum regularly and who need the speakers.. Not just wanting to add to their extensive collection lol 

:^

I've always been amazed by people who wouldn't pay £20 for a pair of D15's. Says a lot about today's society I guess.:doh:

3 hours ago, la toilette said:

Absolutely, amazed no-one has snaffled these up. I only live 40 mins drive away and would like to give them a listen, but I really don't need any new speakers right now so have been waiting for someone more needy to nip in there!

The canton ergo 900 DC speakers I'm giving away work well with quad, I used to drive them with a 606 . Very nice... 

Iv got a 66(67) ? Tuner up in the loft if you want it.. Needs a fuse and tbh iv never used it but I'm sure it works.

Edited by atomic606

2 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

:^

I've always been amazed by people who wouldn't pay £20 for a pair of D15's. Says a lot about today's society I guess.:doh:

Save me reading the rules, you'll  have to excuse me Rick I never read instructions or rules :),

Does it mean you have to be a paid member to have these, not that I really want them (of course I would like them, who wouldn't want them in their right mind for nothing), their one of the finest speakers around at their price point (and above).  

I wonder how many stars they would have got for £20 in What Hi-Fi, they'd have to have invented a new rating system. :D

3 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Save me reading the rules, you'll  have to excuse me Rick I never read instructions or rules :),

Does it mean you have to be a paid member to have these, not that I really want them (of course I would like them, who wouldn't want them in their right mind for nothing), their one of the finest speakers around at their price point (and above).  

I wonder how many stars they would have got for £20 in What Hi-Fi, they'd have to have invented a new rating system. :D

Yes you have to be a subscribed member mate.

I genuinely didn't realise either until it was pointed out by Thomas/Atomic - I'll be joining as I've enjoyed using the forum for the last few years and attended the last 3 wigwam shows.

Not so much a case of rules, but one of morals mate. Regular contributors or people that donate to the spirit thread themselves are OK. What's not desirable is people just rocking up for the free stuff and giving nothing back.

That said, chucking £20 at the forum helps ensure it's here for us all for a long time. Nobody could realistically argue that this place aint worth £20. I've always supported the Wam because a)It needs it and b) It's a big part of my life.

I just look through folks post history , if it's mainly in the classifieds and a little thin on the ground their not having them... 

The great thing about the wam is the ' community ' that's who I want to give my stuff too, those involved and contributing actively in the wam community . 

Thats why I'm not giving them to my dealer to sell on my behalf, he would happily fix and sell them for me. 

iv never read the rules to a forum even the one I help manage  lol I did happen to read the rules for this area though, and glad I did.

Edited by atomic606