Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ray70

Loewe flat screen TVs

19 posts in this topic

Good call mr Bear :)- actually you can get the 58 series in silver bezel if you can find it or the older 42 series was in silver.

Some good Loewe displays can be bought cheaply.

I prefer other things all in black with long warranty.

It is all pot-luck, but I agree that it is nice to buy the cabinet-thing in your choice of colour - I loved the late 60s/70s white or orange (sometimes in sphere-casing)until I settled in 1982 for black to match good vinyl.

The Articos DLP rear projection range is absolutely magical - the 2004 model still one of the very best pictures I've seen on anything (and just with DVD). Their CRTs were the best screens around below B&O.

But I think they're struggling to compete with the huge production big players with the latest panel sets. They have to buy the panels in and the technology moves so quickly that they don't have chance to really develop their own technology/processing and implementation - many years of CRT at the same resolution spec allowed them to really develop expertise there. There is no time with LCD - at least not yet. So the role of 'boutique' manufacturers such as Loewe is restricted to very competent but not state of the art performance. They sell their set on the build quality and looks of the cabinet.

A very perceptive observation Alex. I've done a lot of researchover the last few days and I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Think I'm going to buy the Panasonic 42PZ85 instead, even though I think it looks fugly :?