What's yer bits'n'bobs?

14,561 posts in this topic

I've had one of those in the past & really enjoyed it til it unfortunately fried a mains input transformer , sounded great though had jj tesla e34ls in it if I recall weighed a ton & built like a tank 

2 hours ago, aejoker said:

I've had one of those in the past & really enjoyed it til it unfortunately fried a mains input transformer , sounded great though had jj tesla e34ls in it if I recall weighed a ton & built like a tank 

another dead one? :D

well flip me you still alive mate? call me sometime, getting together at the club 11th Feb if you are free from your social whirl

Yeah  Paul, no luck me , I must give off some kind of destructive electrical field or something .if i fell in a barrel of tits I'd come out sucking my thumb ! long overdue a catch up , might be ok for 11th I'll be in touch soon .

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 20:11, dudywoxer said:

Its a el84 valve integrated, 45 watts (ish) aside. Trilogy VTi. Not much about them on the net. One of Nic Polsons creations. Don't know enough about circuit design, but it seems it has a few tricky bits within. After spending about 4 hours with it this aftetnoon/evening it has reminded me just how good it is. Retains a lot of SS bottom end grip, while allowing the valves to sing through the midrange. Gives a really enjoyable timbre, texture, and tone, especially on vocals.

It's a el34  circuit mate. It'll no doubt be better than it was if it's been down Didcot  too. 

Sorry, fat fingers, and pads. Yes I am sure it is better, but as its the thick end of two years since I heard it, I am re learning it's sound. The time scale is down to me before any one asks.

Mr Postman today delivered a minty/as new silver SME V tonearm (original box/tools/one owner) which was purchased from Kevin at 'Definitive Audio', hoping to have it fitted next week to the Acoustic Signature Challenger TT. 

Looking forward to hearing the Len Gregory Music Maker 3 cartridge on the V tonearm.

:)

20 hours ago, macvisual said:

Mr Postman today delivered a minty/as new silver SME V tonearm (original box/tools/one owner) which was purchased from Kevin at 'Definitive Audio', hoping to have it fitted next week to the Acoustic Signature Challenger TT. 

Looking forward to hearing the Len Gregory Music Maker 3 cartridge on the V tonearm.

:)

Good job, as SME are putting up their prices at the end of the month by 23 - 32 % on arms and 15 - 25% on turntables.  Where are they made now...?

Edited by It Cost How Much!?!

4 minutes ago, It Cost How Much!?! said:

Good job, as SME are putting up their prices at the end of the month by 25 - 32 % on arms and 15 - 25% on turntables.  Where are they made now...?

Yip, it's quite a jump in cost ok..! I believe their tonearms/tables are made in/at original UK factory but have recently been bought over....I may be wrong (?)

Whilst I'm here, anyone have any experience with London Decca Gold or Super Gold cartridges ? I keep hearing great things about these carts, would love to hear thoughts/experience/views on these please.....thanx!

(Peter)