What's yer bits'n'bobs?

14,543 posts in this topic

Interested to hear what you think of these. Well done for finding a pair.

These are the first pair of ANs I've had that actually DO sound better back in the corners in 'my' room. Looks odd mind.

they are certainly an amp dependant/ revealing speaker. They sounded sorta ok with the Sonneteer but come alive completely with the Almarro. Beautifully open and nice tone. Not quite the definition and the presence of the Harbeths - different - but not worse. Acoustic guitars are particularly good.

Im very impressed. Way better than I initially thought or expected.they really fill the room easily too.

I'm intending to send a lot of time on the bike / turbo trainer in the garage this winter, so the summer has been spent collecting bits to make it more interesting, and I've finally finished with mains wiring, shelving, cabling, screen mounting etc etc and its all ready to go now:

System (BDP player elsewhere)

22453984212_3ba8e48dc0_c.jpg

Dell projector (as used for Yello at Scalford 2014)

22279641318_c54207019f_c.jpg

Speakers can just be seen either side of the top of the screen, centre speaker below screen and BDP just visible above that

22441293376_78be30c5e1_c.jpg

Some new bits of Silver and Gold

22549713956_785db3a129_c.jpg

22586918061_baa4e3cb58_c.jpg

22387728270_786f3affe4_c.jpg

Nice Barry, I have a soft spot for Champagne Sony ES kit :cool:

Something new (to me) arrives:

This single box of tricks:

22578506416_1f4e999057_c.jpgWP_20151030_12_51_15_Pro by uh_simon, on Flickr

Replaces this lot, in our kitchen system:

15868841720_f022dd4c49_b.jpgWP_20141219_12_15_29_Pro by uh_simon, on Flickr

As much as I have enjoyed listening to the Quad amps, the UnitiQute2 is an amazing and fine sounding box of tricks. The Mrs will want me to sell the Quads as I've already got two amps elsewhere doing nothing........ but I think i'll hang on to them.

Streaming from my NAS couldn't be easier, just plugged in my network cable, it found the server and off we went. Internet radio is easy to use, obviously þhē small screen means quite a few clicks to find what you want. The Android app makes life easier though. Its an impressive piece of kit......I cogitated for a few weeks before I took theg plunge, but on a few hour listening, I'm glad I did........ it helps that this was a real bargain for an early UnitiQute2

How much is an early 2? Is it worth the extra over a 1?

Qute2 support high res. I paid £750 for this, which is a little above the Qute's I could find online but quite alot below the Qute2's I could find. In all probability I would have bought a Qute had this not come up at such a good price.