• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neilb

Can of Worms

23 posts in this topic

I quite like this actually. Like a poor mans Densen which isn't necessaily a bad thing. What say you?

Without actually hearing it hard to say, though I would say it looks like a thinly veiled attempt to regain a little respect by mirroring the aesthetic design of older and more well respected products of old....

Horrid.

The pokey little screens ruin the look,and the tiny buttons look crap compared to the old rotary knobs.I had an B200 MF amp once-that was cool,these are pants,appearance wise anyway.

Ganders.

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Neilb wrote:
I quite like this actually. Like a poor mans Densen which isn't necessaily a bad thing. What say you?

How much ?

Not sure Dave. I'm guessing they're both the same price (a grand each?) judging on how they price thr rest of their products.

For those of you over a certain age here is the reference - you'll see the resemblence to this cd player immediately. Note the square bonnet lid and the bumper. Clearly the designer at MF must have owned one of these as a youngster.

So, in conclusion a fast Chevette but a Chevette none the less.

Its odd that this comes so soon after many forums (including this one) have been extoling the virtues of the old A100 amps.

That said, if it sounds as good as the old A100 then fair play. I wanna wanna wanna!:D

how to lose respect:

1) Start making all your high end products 'Limited Edition'

2) Sell off excess stock of said 'Limited Edition' [arf] products dead cheap to kill s/h prices

3) Release a new model every few months to further shaft your early adopters on the s/h market

4) Make outrageous claims about power requirements for hi-fidelity

5) When said outrageous claim doesn't have desired effect on sales, back track by releasing a low output 'Class A' amplifier from the old days

6) Make said old product look like a POS

7) Relax at a job well done

Biscuit wrote:

how to lose respect:

2) Sell off excess stock of said 'Limited Edition' [arf] products dead cheap to kill s/h prices

3) Release a new model every few months to further shaft your early adopters on the s/h market

5) When said outrageous claim doesn't have desired effect on sales, back track by releasing a low output 'Class A' amplifier from the old days

Spot on,

ohand "poor man's Densen", really???

jagdesign wrote:

Biscuit wrote:
how to lose respect:

Spot on,

ohand "poor man's Densen", really???

Maybe not so poor judging from the price Dave discovered. It was the brushed finish and the black case work aesthetic that reminded me of Densen.

For that price just buy a Densen. Give me a slightly used B400xs any day!!