Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ESK

E88CC NOS Help.

7 posts in this topic

I'm tempted to take a punt on some Siemens and Halske cca for no other reason than I fancy seeing what this NOS mullarkey is all about.

They are first and foremost for use in my A/N DAC.

At current rates they're going for£80/£90/£100 on Ebay. Are they worth the effort and will they make a fair bit difference.I've missed out on a couple of pairs recently and its irritating me!

Is there anything I should watch out for/try to avoid. I'm only looking at those that are stated matched pair and can show readings and appear to be sold be reliable sources.

I'm using gold pin Electro Harmonix at the moment.

Thanks.

Dont spend to much.It could be a snake oil sales man your dealing with.

Know what you are buying, make sure you do your research. There are a lot of fakes out there.

ESK wrote:

I'm tempted to take a punt on some Siemens and Halske cca for no other reason than I fancy seeing what this NOS mullarkey is all about.

They are first and foremost for use in my A/N DAC.

At current rates they're going for£80/£90/£100 on Ebay. Are they worth the effort and will they make a fair bit difference.I've missed out on a couple of pairs recently and its irritating me!

Is there anything I should watch out for/try to avoid. I'm only looking at those that are stated matched pair and can show readings and appear to be sold be reliable sources.

I'm using gold pin Electro Harmonix at the moment.

Thanks.

The gold pin eh6922 is very good valve and we need a valve Guru to come along, to check which will work ok.....the voltage is different on some E88CC when I contacted both Magnum Dynalab and Audion about using NOS E88CC in my amp and tuner both said not all E88CC will work :(

if you really want to get a good E88CC valve three makers of amps using old tubes said use this guy

https://www.tubeworld.com/6922.htm he has them at all price points and knows his stuff

As far as I know if you use 6922/E88CC then you can use 6DJ8/ECC88 but not necessarily the other way round as they have different voltage ranges.

But all 6922 should have the same spec and be interchangeable.

There are of course other variants to the above.

Check the valve thread (sticky on DIY)

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum19/11647.html

Edit : Link added

And just to add that I have bought from Brendan (see the link in Dave's post) at Tube World, very reliable seller, totally recommended.

Very good comms and service, I had a NOS GE6550A fail (90 day warranty for NOS tubes) and he replaced by return,

Tel wrote:

As far as I know if you use 6922/E88CC then you can use 6DJ8/ECC88 but not necessarily the other way round as they have different voltage ranges.

Other way round... 6922 has higher ratings.

:geek: