Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sam-michaels

bi-amping with bi-wire cable

4 posts in this topic

Sorry guys stupid question.................is it better to use a bi-wire cable with 4/4 terminations to bi-amp, rather than using 2 pairs of bi-wire cable with 2/2 terminations to bi-amp. I know changing a bi-wire to a 2 x 2 configuration would parallel the conductors and consequently alter the inductance and capacitance, which would alter the cable's characteristics, but people still do it.......any thoughts would be much appreciated........

Currently I biamp my Arcam A32 and P35 with QED Genesis bi-wire cable. Sounds fine to me, and better than previous incarnations of cabling I have used which were separate cables fore HF and LF. Can't say I've done an a to b against QED Genesis non biwire though.

I'm bi-amping Densen's - previously used Vdh Breeze (single runs) and now Tannoy Vdh stuff (4 core).

I use 4-4 for convenience - I wouldn't worry about it as apart from going from 4 cables a side to 1 cable per side I didn't notice much difference. I think using sympathetic :nerd:cable is more important.