• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enjoy_the_music

Tocaro loudspeakers????

8 posts in this topic

I've been recommended these to plug that gap after the TAD's...well the guy said they were simply excellent speakers. He's had plenty and apparently the drivers used a very special.

They are a crossoverless design with a proprietary driver that compares better to paper cone. I found this difficult to believe but apparently so.

Have asked some questions. The stand mount starts at 5k euros I believe and they do a twin driver model...

http://www.tocaro.de/

Only a few dealers at the moment in Germany, Asia and USA. Just wondered about getting a pair....might go and have a listen although the nearest place is 3hrs.

I was thinking about that in fact but only when we've moved into our new place...fingers crossed that we'll actually get it though!

Was considering a DIY TAD / almost full range horn system next but right now maybe something a bit smaller!

jonjin wrote:

Why not dip your toes in your own DIY fullrangers?

JJ

Very interesting 'speakers; based on the ideas pioneered by Redehko. In fact, it appears to be a re-working of an old Rehdeko design, the RK115: -

http://cgi.ebay.ch/Rehdeko-RK115A-RK115-rk-115A-115-Lautsprecher-Boxen_W0QQitemZ250217179687QQihZ015QQcategoryZ23323QQcmdZViewItem

This is a good thing!

If they're anything like their ancestors, they'll be a real love or hate 'speaker; I loved Rehdeko... many didn't!

They're one of the few 'speakers that have really caught my eye recently. I keep hoping I'll see them at a Munich show, but sadly not, so far... They tick a lot of boxes for me...

Crimson are the distributor for them in the U.K. ; another brand that I am a little obsessed with.

I think they have solid timber cabinets and matching stands. The driver is apparently a custom built affair.

Take a look at the Concertsound site; they're a dealer who sell them in the U.S. along with Crimson and DNM. (I like this shop already!)

(by the way, I never thought I'd find another'HiFi' person who liked Japanese Telecom!Do you like Dopplereffekt / Arpanet etc as well?)

Martin.

(I do not sell Crimson, DNM, Tocaro or Rehdeko)

Having twice heard the Tocaro, it has some interesting elements in its sound. Great coherence and timing, good dynamics below a certain threshold. But the tonality is all wrong, only old men with defective hearing like them IME. Sorry to be blunt.

Fair play Markus!

Its funny that you say that when the people that recommended them use Shindo and other boutique amps.

I think I've found the speakers to tide me over anyway (not these, however interesting).

Markus Sauer wrote:

Having twice heard the Tocaro, it has some interesting elements in its sound. Great coherence and timing, good dynamics below a certain threshold. But the tonality is all wrong, only old men with defective hearing like them IME. Sorry to be blunt.