Due to a configuration issue with our new forum, PayPal are currently configuring some changes for us, therefore it is temporarily unavailable. We have set up, tried and tested safe alternative payment gateway called Stripe, so please use this for your Super Wammer subscription upgrades.

In the wake of restoring approx 250,000 unstructured posts (having remote URL images) since forum migration, rebuilding of forum content followed by search indexing is currently under process. During this process (which may take 1-2 days to complete), the search function may not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Alternatively, you may use Google search; for eg: amplifier site:hifiwigwam.com/forum/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronc

Who lives in the North West?

79 posts in this topic

A.N. wrote:

if i wasnt as busy in work, would've loved to come!

kit brought with me would've been:-

unisis integrated,

django tvc

rank mono's

audio synthesis dacs.

834p sig phono stage.

i might arrange sommat at my end for later in the yearv if anyones interested?!

That's just a tease.

Definately up for something later in the year if you can organise it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teedubbleyou wrote:

I may be available Sunday the 16th and could go via Chorley to pick Alex up if necessary?

That would be superb if the 16th works out. I'm about 2 miles off the Chorley M61 junction so it's a little out of the way but we can share costs so it could work out nicely.

Would be environmentally friendly too :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16th March here in Southport, at 3pm, is a possibility if one or two more can come.

My wife goes to the USA that weekend, so I'll have to do nibbles duty, however that also means we finish whenever we feel like it.

I think confirmed/possible attendees are:

me (Ron)

Yomanze

Alex

Teedoubleyou

Oldfogey - possible?

Is four/five (including me) enough?

Andy if you can't come to the first one does that mean spongehead will not come?

AN - sure you can't come, even if it was nearer the end at say, 6pm or 7pm? If not then there is always next time (any dates to suggest?).

If we want to go ahead on 16th March I'll PM you all with address details: bring whatever kit you feel like (or none, or cables). Perhaps do some general listening and one or two blind tests? Bring MUSIC as well, or you'll be stuck with my tastes!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I currently live in Wigan and if I had the pleasure of an invite I have an Audio Synthesis Desire Black Gate Power Amp, a meridain G08 cd player, a creek passive amp, and a pair of Wilson Benesch Arcs.

If anyone would like to hear any kit I would obviously be pleased to bring it along.

Thanks,

Darren.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ronc wrote:

16th March here in Southport, at 3pm, is a possibility if one or two more can come.

My wife goes to the USA that weekend, so I'll have to do nibbles duty, however that also means we finish whenever we feel like it.

I think confirmed/possible attendees are:

me (Ron)

Yomanze

Alex

Teedoubleyou

Darren

Oldfogey - possible?

Andy if you can't come to the first one does that mean spongehead? will not come?

AN - sure you can't come, even if it was nearer the end at say, 6pm or 7pm? If not then there is always next time (any dates to suggest?).

If we want to go ahead on 16th March I'll PM you all with address details: bring whatever kit you feel like (or none, or cables). Perhaps do some general listening and one or two blind tests? Bring MUSIC as well, or you'll be stuck with my tastes!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sundays are usually busy at the mo, and every weekend this side of summer is taken up due to the impending nuptuals of me 'an 'er indoors, people to see, things to organise etc... but when i do have a bit of spare time, i'll organise a bit of a curry, bee... i mean bake off at my gaff. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ron

Just seen the thread and would love to come if there's room. No problem bringing any of my kit anybody might like to hear.

I see there's no TT in your sig, could you be persuaded over to the dark side ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I'm in Manchester and am a bakeoff virgin. I would love to come if there is room for me and as long as I don't have to peform an degrading acts to be initiated...

If anyone's interested I would be happy to bring any of my (gulp) cyrus kit, APA 7.5 mono's, 8x CD, pre VS2, Missing link interconnects and home made tnt audio Cat 5 speaker cables... or my 1sc's... But would be happy to just ogle anyone else's kit for the afternoon.

Cheers,

Leon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ronc wrote:

ronc wrote:
16th March here in Southport, at 3pm, is a possibility if one or two more can come.

My wife goes to the USA that weekend, so I'll have to do nibbles duty, however that also means we finish whenever we feel like it.

I think confirmed attendees are:

me (Ron)

Yomanze

Alex

Teedoubleyou

Darren
Spongehead
Leonopolis

and Technobear is going to mull it over

(Oldfogey hasn't seen the latest posts, so we don't know about him yet)

That's seven or eight (or nine) which is obviously great, but I suspect we don't need any further people or half of us will not get to listen!. The simplest way to deal with this is for each of you to send me (via PM) your e-mail address, then I can do one e-mail to everyone with a map and directions, and we can then use the "reply to all" button to plan who brings what. That OK everyone?

Ron

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ronc wrote:

ronc wrote:
ronc wrote:
16th March here in Southport, at 3pm, is a possibility if one or two more can come.

My wife goes to the USA that weekend, so I'll have to do nibbles duty, however that also means we finish whenever we feel like it.

I think confirmed attendees are:

me (Ron)

Yomanze

Alex

Teedoubleyou

Darren
Spongehead
Leonopolis

and Technobear is going to mull it over

(Oldfogey hasn't seen the latest posts, so we don't know about him yet)

That's seven or eight (or nine) which is obviously great, but I suspect we don't need any further people or half of us will not get to listen!. The simplest way to deal with this is for each of you to send me (via PM) your e-mail address, then I can do one e-mail to everyone with a map and directions, and we can then use the "reply to all" button to plan who brings what. That OK everyone?

Ron

Still need e-mail addresses for those in red, please, then I can send a group e-mail (unless anyone doesn't want their e-mail address to be known).

Cheers,

Ron

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheer up Yoda, you SHALL go to the ball (and very pleased we all are to have you).

E-mail sent to everyone who has PM'd me their address, with directions and a second one mentioning kit. "Reply to all" button for the kit one (unless people find it easier to use this thread for that part? I didn't want to put my address on a thread, for obvious reasons, but I suppose there is no harm in talking about the kit on a thread like this? Whichever you all prefer).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.