Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronc

Who lives in the North West?

79 posts in this topic

How many of us live in the Lancs, Cheshire, Merseyside/Wirral areas?

I live in Southport, and I'm up for a bake off or two (or even three) over the next twelve months (a different venue each time).

So, could you please respond if you are interested, and list your answers to the following questions:

1) Preferred day(s) of the week

2) Preferred timing (morning/lunch; lunch/afternoon; late afternoon/early evening or evening from 6pm)

3) Preferred dates?

4) Willing to host?

5) Your location

6) if you want, a mention of kit you have (if hosting) or could bring

I'll start with:

1) &2) any evening, Mon - Fri

OR

any weekend, late afternoon/early evening

3) flexible, except not over Easter, please

4) Happy to host one

5) Southport

6) Slim Devices Transporter, Jeff Rowland amps, not too much very movable to other venues though. Possibly dCS Verdi Encore to bring if it doesn't sell.

I live in Chester & work in Manchester, so would be up for it :)

ronc wrote:

I live in Southport, and I'm up for a bake off or two (or even three) over the next twelve months (a different venue each time).

So, could you please respond if you are interested, and list your answers to the following questions:

1) Preferred day(s) of the week Fri, Sat or Sun

2) Preferred timing (morning/lunch; lunch/afternoon; late afternoon/early evening or evening from 6pm) Lunch / afternoon

3) Preferred dates? Nope

4) Willing to host? Live in a Flat, limited space and cannot play system loud at all. So not until I move

5) Your location Chester

6) if you want, a mention of kit you have (if hosting) or could bring Could bring my modified Playstation. Would be interesting to hear through a high-end setup

I'll start with:

1) &2) any evening, Mon - Fri

OR

any weekend, late afternoon/early evening

3) flexible, except not over Easter, please

4) Happy to host one

5) Southport

6) Slim Devices Transporter, Jeff Rowland amps, not too much very movable to other venues though. Possibly dCS Verdi Encore to bring if it doesn't sell.

Count me in, just over in Yorkshire but only a couple or 5mile east of Burnley, Without wishing to speak for him but you can include spongehead as well, he`s also in Burnley

My other home is in Yorkshire, just over the border in Settle, so I'm a possible participant, though I'm only there about every third weekend.

1) Preferred day(s) of the week: weekends

2) Preferred timing (morning/lunch; lunch/afternoon; late afternoon/early evening or evening from 6pm) not Friday or Sunday evening

3) Preferred dates? tba

4) Willing to host? possible, subject to SWMBO

5) Your location Settle, N Yorks

6) if you want, a mention of kit you have (if hosting) or could bring Arcam Solo / MA RS5; B&W CDM1NT / Denon Receiver / Pioneer DVD in situ, speakers or Solo could be transported.

Andy831 wrote:

Count me in, just over in Yorkshire but only a couple or 5mile east of Burnley, Without wishing to speak for him but you can include spongehead as well, he`s also in Burnley

You didn't specify a time, so I assume you and spongehead are flexible?

So, assuming the first one is at my place, how about aSaturday or Sundayin the afternoon, starting 3pm? (Gives me a chance to play golf in the morning, then listen to music from, say, 3pm to 7pm?)

Yomanze: would that work for you? you suggested lunch/afternoon but a 3pm start means I can avoid missing a round of golf with my mates? Sunday would be best for me, but I could do Saturday if people preferred.

If all are happy, which date? I'm OK for Sunday 9th March or Sunday 16th, for instance.

I'm easy mate, I'll be able to work around anything as long as it's Sat or Sun.

Will bring some music too.

ronc wrote:

1) Preferred day(s) of the week Any evenings/weekends really

2) Preferred timing (morning/lunch; lunch/afternoon; late afternoon/early evening or evening from 6pm) Evening 'til late

3) Preferred dates?

4) Willing to host? Absolutely

5) Your location Chorley

6) Kit? Krell, Sony, B&W 805 Signature, 1210, 300b valve amp, Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk1, Leak 2060 and 2030, Pretty much every tier of classic NAD, B*******d DAC, Sky HD, PS3, Chord DAC64, Cyrus CD6, MF X-Pre V3, Loth-X Amaze, REL Sub, Triangle Antal ES, Arcam CD7SE, and more...

Yo Alex, any chance of bringing your Loth X Amaze's over?

I've been wanting to hear a pair for ages.

Sorry will probably have to duck the first meet early March already got stuff planned

Andy

if i wasnt as busy in work, would've loved to come!

kit brought with me would've been:-

unisis integrated,

django tvc

rank mono's

audio synthesis dacs.

834p sig phono stage.

i might arrange sommat at my end for later in the yearv if anyones interested?!

Yomanze wrote:

Yo Alex, any chance of bringing your Loth X Amaze's over?

I've been wanting to hear a pair for ages.

If I can get a lift over then certainly - maybe a few other bits too. Otherwise I'll be on the motorbike so speakers would be a no-go. But Southport is only half an hour from here so getting a lift shouldn't be a problem.