• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enjoy_the_music

Krell KC-100 MC moving coil cartridge

14 posts in this topic

I found this:

The cartridge was designed by Haruo Takeda. He also designed the Mark Levinson, and the 2 Miyabi cartridges. It has an output of .35mv, tracks at 1.7g, and requires 100 - 200 ohms.

Cheers!

Testure wrote:

I found this:

The cartridge was designed by Haruo Takeda. He also designed the Mark Levinson, and the 2 Miyabi cartridges. It has an output of .35mv, tracks at 1.7g, and requires 100 - 200 ohms.

I had already written my auction description and by sheer chance the text was almost the same :D:D:D

I think someone asked a similar question on vinylengine some time ago.

I'll ask my girlfriend if she will perform for him.

Anthony wrote:

i take it testure gets a % of the final sale price :D

Have you tried the cart?

Do you know how many hours use it has had?

I am sure this was a late 80s design and quite old so am a little wary about its life expectancy and servicability. Though I am not sure when Krell ceased having them produced?

It is a desirable item though.

I may have a look for the original review.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve

The cartridge came with the Oracle Delphi mk V I currently have on auction. It was part of an exchange deal for my Thorens Prestige.

The trade was done with a well known Paris audio dealer. Many dealers buy from me in this manner and it is the 5th time we have done business.

I just spoke to him and I reckon Krell has around 150hrs...which in vinyl terms is very low. He actually quoted less (~100) but I said it was better to quote higher to be sure! So in real terms this is more like a NOS cartridge.

I still run some fantastic vintage cartridges, the best still being the Accuphase AC-2. The compliance and suspension is fine after 25 yrs!

The Krell is attracting a fair bit of interest it seems. I'm going to set it up on the Technics / SME tomorrow.

Regards

Ritchie

Sastusbulbas wrote:

Have you tried the cart?

I am sure this was a late 80s design and quite old so am a little wary about its life expectancy and servicability. Though I am not sure when Krell ceased having them produced?

Regards

Steve

enjoy_the_music wrote:

Hi Steve

The cartridge came with the Oracle Delphi mk V I currently have on auction. It was part of an exchange deal for my Thorens Prestige.

The trade was done with a well known Paris audio dealer. Many dealers buy from me in this manner and it is the 5th time we have done business.

I just spoke to him and I reckon Krell has around 150hrs...which in vinyl terms is very low. He actually quoted less (~100) but I said it was better to quote higher to be sure! So in real terms this is more like a NOS cartridge.

I still run some fantastic vintage cartridges, the best still being the Accuphase AC-2. The compliance and suspension is fine after 25 yrs!

The Krell is attracting a fair bit of interest it seems. I'm going to set it up on the Technics / SME tomorrow.

Regards

Ritchie

Sastusbulbas wrote:

Have you tried the cart?

Regards

Steve

Thankyou Ritchie,

Wonder how it would perform with a Gyro SE/QC/SME IV :)

Will you be taking any pics of it on the Technics/SME?

Steve

Sastusbulbas wrote:

Anthony wrote:
i'll be intrigued to see what the cart goes for.

Hi Anthony,

Did you get a Technics SP10? If so how are you getting om with it? Any pics?

All the best,

Steve

sorry richard - totally off topic

steve - yep,gota cheap one off ebayabout 9 months ago but it's taken me this long to sort a plinth. i'll write athread with some pics once it's had a service and a facelift (due to top plate corrosion). mechanically sound however.

right, back to the Krell cart :)