Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lefty

Wigwam YouTube idea....

96 posts in this topic

As evidenced by the copious amounts of pictures on the wam, most of us have digital cameras. These take pictures but they also take movies. Last night I had a crazy idea and thought I'd test the water with this thread.

How about we create a Wigwam youtube account for us to post videos of our systems playing music? I know it isn't scientifically accurate, but this would give us some sort of insight into what they vast myriad of systems here sound like. We have such a valuable 'database' of systems here and it would be cool to make use of them in some interesting way. Think if it as a sort of crude online dem :green:

The rules are that the volume level should be 'normal listening' level (whatever that may be), and the music can be of your own choosing. (Although please try and keep off the Norah Jones :nup:) Also, try and make the vid longer than 30 secs but shorter than 5 mins.

As to logistics, maybe the boss can create an account and if someone wants to post a video, they can PM him and he can supply the password etc, so as to keep it out of the public domain. Maybe we can safeguard the account by only allowing established wammers (100 posts or more) the privilege of being able to post a video.

How does all that sound? I don't have a youtube account myself, so am not sure how it works but I'm sure between us we can come up with something.

(Or maybe I am just crazy!) :nuts:

Lefty

~It's a good idea and also a way of raising the profile of WigWam.

YouTube search results will appear in Google, and if a hyperlink is included in the video description the viewerwill come across this forum.

Lefty, you could just set up an account yourself and supply the password to Wammers. I'm interested.

Good idea forshowing off your kit, but as for sound qaulity.......

Well it just won,t be the sameas being there.

Thanks for the encouragement and positive response guys.

darrenm wrote:

Lefty, you could just set up an account yourself and supply the password to Wammers.  I'm interested.

I did think of doing that, but thought I'd seek the official go ahead first. Plus I thought it would only be fair to give James the controls on something which carries the forum name.

It would be really cool if this comes to fruition as I'd really like to 'hear' some of the other systems on here :)

Lefty

This could be fun. I'd be up for it, if it goes ahead.

Edited to add: Sound quality won't translate very well but who gives a toss, it'll be a giggle. Hmmmmmm. Will have to learn how to edit video now :?

enbee23 wrote:

This could be fun. I'd be up for it, if it goes ahead.

Me too.

enbee23 wrote:

We could all play the same song for comparison purposes. Oh the geekery...

The idea had crossed my mind but I'm glad you said it first and not me :green:

Lefty

Oh and another rule that might be a good idea is that all the videos have to be taken from your usual listening position.

Lefty

enbee23 wrote:

:D

Would have to be something middle of the road that everyone has though, I have no intention of buying a Freestyle Jazz or Happy Hardcore Classics '92 CD for any purpose (other than using as a coaster) ;)

Lefty wrote:

enbee23 wrote:

The idea had crossed my mind but I'm glad you said it first and not me :green:

Lefty

Nick the :nerd:, that's me.

meninblack wrote:

I'm not sure how much idea of the "sound" of a system we'll get from a low-resolution mono recording streamed on YouTube and played back on a PC... :?

None. May as well look at a still picture and play your own hi-fi in the background.