• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bourney

lumley lampros 200 speakers

30 posts in this topic

anybody know anything about them. the fugures suggest they may be difficult to drive 87dB and 4ohm...not sure Mr Unisis would be happy driving the...but..i cant seem to find much info or reviews on them at all. a pair for sale on hififorsale. ive had photos of them and they look stunning. juts wondering if anyone has any experience of them??

I vaguely recall a review by Paul Messenger in one of the mags a year or so back.

The ones he had in for review he rated highly, but he made the point that they were hugely better that theones he had heard sometime before ..... no, I can't remember anything about model numbers etc .... so, unless someone can unearth that review, it sound a bit like pot luck!

Didn't Duvet have a pair of Lamproson loan whilst waiting for his Kharmas to arrive?

IIRC he thought they were dreadful.

Sounds of music always have lots of lumley in. most of them second hand ones.

Make of that what you will...:whistle:

the same guy owns them both doesnt he? sure there was a magazine feature about it not so long ago.

so...no positive comments as of yet then? :D

Bourney wrote:

the same guy owns them both doesnt he? sure there was a magazine feature about it not so long ago.

so...no positive comments as of yet then? :D

Ask Duvet mate - I think they sent him to sleep!

Bourney wrote:

im running out of ideas :?maybe i just wont get what i am after for the money i have and i should just accept it.

Maybe. It seems to me that you change your speakers almost monthly. Save up some more and buy something you'll want to keep. I still think LVs are worth a demo.

Have you tried Rega Juras? - I've been very impressed with the ones I've been playing with. Stack two pairs for stonkingly good sound for the money! ;)

HiFiWigWam wrote:

Sounds of music always have lots of lumley in. most of them second hand ones.

Make of that what you will...:whistle:

they also part of the company that makes them

Heard a few pairs of them over the years some sound great others :(

Some of the bigger ones have so many drivers, I suspect the crossovers have just got to complicted.

the series "2" came out in 2005 the "1" in 2000 (I think)

Papa Lazarou wrote:

Bourney wrote:
im running out of ideas :?maybe i just wont get what i am after for the money i have and i should just accept it.

Maybe. It seems to me that you change your speakers almost monthly. Save up some more and buy something you'll want to keep. I still think LVs are worth a demo.

i think if i didnt have the restriction my low powered amp bears on me i could get what i wanted but i love the amp in so many ways.

like you say, i do get bored quite easily tho and like to change regularly.i wish i didnt to be honest.

Bourney wrote:

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Bourney wrote:

i think if i didnt have the restriction my low powered amp bears on me i could get what i wanted but i love the amp in so many ways.

like you say, i do get bored quite easily tho and like to change regularly.i wish i didnt to be honest.

You say you could get what you wanted with a more powerful amp. So if you know that, what do you want?

simlar sound to my jm labs but more scale and a floorstander if possible. 926 be i imagine would give me that as its the floorstnding version of mine with a better tweeter and additional drivers. i'm told by a JM dealer that my amp wontcontrol them tho. if i change the amp then maybe i'll lose the qulaities i like from it.

i want something that looks stunning too. something eye catching, something i walk in the room and drool every time i see them.something that will match the style of the room well.i know i'm a tart..what can i say?

so..for around 1k what would give me that and be driven by a 30watt valver?

im currently torn between the diy route which is a bit of a gamble as they arent worth much at the end plus the guy i was buying the cabinets off has gone a bit cold (offended at my low offer i think!). if i did this i'd buy some £500 jobbies to use day to dayand then spend the rest on the DIY-ers. ..or i can spend 1k on `one' pair of speakers.

Admin

They're a big speaker with a small sound . Bland would be my opinion. Build quality form a distance looks impressive but onclose inspection i'd say average . More voiced towards classical would be my assessment . Yes they sent me to sleep.