Brendan1

Help with Speakers

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I wonder if you can help me with some advice. I have these speakers, see the photo links below. The main speaker works ok, but I can't work out how to get the other speaker to work. I can see there's an power connection in the back for second speaker, but I can't see an audio input. Could it be that there is a lead that carries power and audio from the main speaker to the other one. Any idea what kind of power/audio input I need to get to get the second speaker working?

Any advice appreciated.

All the best

Brendan

Speakers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_NblQcpkQld0JOZUhLbWlpajQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_NblQcpkQlaDB1YThFakFhVzQ/view?usp=sharing

They're not a matched pair. One is active, the other passive. They can't work together.

Where did you get them from?

Super Wammer

You need a special lead, stereo phono plug to single banana or spade plugs. The amp is in the first speaker and it will drive the second with the correct lead. They look like computer speakers.

You need a special lead, stereo phono plug to single banana or spade plugs. The amp is in the first speaker and it will drive the second with the correct lead. They look like computer speakers.

This.

Except that they're meant as PA speakers.

@Brendan: PA = Public Address, meaning it is meant for using on stage, dicotheque etc.

It can be used at home, it will definitely be able to go loud.