hixy

Beresford Capella

6 posts in this topic

Super Wammer

Loads of people on AoS and TaS are fans. Mr Beresford loiters on TaS. You would get a flavour of fans thinking by looking at those forums. I know Mr B was keen to offer the Capella when in beta. I declined

Edit: I see you have already been asking there too.

Loads of people on AoS and TaS are fans. Mr Beresford loiters on TaS. You would get a flavour of fans thinking by looking at those forums.

:D

I could add, that it appears to be a 'knob twiddlers' dream....should that be of any appeal.

S.B. has stated all over the place that it seems to be ideal to drive any set of cans that seem to get mentioned.

I'd rather he was more forthcoming with a full range of measurements into different impedences, right across the range rather than the Max level & what voltage it is capable of swinging. Even the most powerful can-amps tend to not be a one size fits all solution & usually will deliver its highest power output at one end of the impedence range or t'other.

Prolly worth a look at the Schiit Vali hybrid amp or the Uber Magni 2 S/S job both have enough grunt to drive a reasonably wide range of cans, a real + being the mfr provides a good range of figures stating power output into different impedences. Both cost less than the Capella & can be had with full UK support & guarantee from Electromod

Thank you both.all the reviews seem to be on the Art of sound forum i just wanted someone away from that forum to tell me its gtg.

Super Wammer

Unfortunately gtg is not in my vocabulary so I am unable to even relate opinions different to amazing, etc.

I wondered too and saw comments about it being a bit restrained. I lost interest as it seemed a bit time limited with the inputs. USB became a late arrival add on. There also seem to be endless upgrades. If you want a work in progress or are curious try one, otherwise there are plenty out there to choose from. Unlike DAC fans I found lttle difference twixt the 3 I tried. You may be supersensitive to sound of course.

The reviews aint amazing so ill look elsewhere that little schiit hybrid looks interesting so may go down that route or try pick up an x cans