• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Bazzer

Headphones for Ch******s present

20 posts in this topic

Sub 50 ohms tends to work best for driving directly from a portable device 16-32ohms is fairly ideal...also remember to look for a highish sensitity figure, usually stated in decibel SPL (sound pressure level) milliwatts*(mw) to guarantee good ease of drive. The Senn Momentum on ear I mentioned are 18 ohm & have good sensitivity.

Yep, I concur.:^

This may seem crazy given the price but I bought a pair of these for my son-in-law and was pretty impressed with the sound so bought some as a backup pair for my own listening. If you change to the (included) velvet ear pads they give quite a hi-end sound - way beyond Dr Dre.

If Barrys' son wants an Imperial stormtrooper or Pricess Leia look then go for the white ones......

297906_zpshblv3ztb.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm?sid=834d83e6dd1c9cab3b7d4034b7585ffa

Goddam it. I'm now £28 lighter for having seen your post Andrew. You can't flaunt cheap and good headphones in front of me. Not with my cans fetish. It's not like I even need them. They're like rescue puppies to me... another pair to give a good home to :D

Sub 50 ohms tends to work best for driving directly from a portable device 16-32ohms is fairly ideal...also remember to look for a highish sensitivity figure, usually stated in decibel SPL (sound pressure level) milliwatts*(mw) to guarantee good ease of drive. The Senn Momentum on ear I mentioned are 18 ohm & have good sensitivity.

Ordered the Sennheiser Momentum 2 :^

Thanks for all the input guys.

Ordered the Sennheiser Momentum 2 :^

Thanks for all the input guys.

Cheers Barry,

I forgot to mention that my 19 yr old Son has had a set of Momentum on ears for over a year, in fact it was listening to his that put put 'em on my radar. He mostly uses his with Spotify on his phone or with his i-pod touch so v similar to how your son will be driving them. Durability seems good as Ethan uses his on the go a lot, to & from college etc.

Mebbe worth getting him a spare set of pads too? I bought a couple of sets of these>>

51Xt1sWzUrL._SL1024_.jpgPretty cheap, inclusive of delivery from China....mine arrived within 8 days. :^ Fit & quality seems good, v similar to the originals using an Alcantara like artificial leather & fitting/replacement is a doddle.

^^Cheers Chris I'll get some of them.